Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi there

I have been having problems getting hold of a spare parts manual for my IS220D. The problem is that I bought a second-hand Lexus and the bases of the windshield at the very bottom are cracked (I live in Malta and the dry/hot weather must have caused this). I want to change these asap but was having problems trying to find these online as used would suit me fine rather than spend a bundle.

I have attached what I have found and appears to be the correct part and would be very grateful if someone could confirm that the attached part comes complete and is correct. If somebody could direct me to where I can get my hands on a spare parts manual to make sure I do order the right part I would be very appreciative.

Incidentally, I did download the IS200/300 Workshop Manual but was unable to pinpoint the exact part.

Thanks for helping.

Mike

post-48979-0-45565900-1387905375_thumb.p

Is it just the rubber around the windshield that's cracked? I couldn't get this for my sunroof without actually buying the glass also.

Why don't you call a Lexus dealer here in the UK. Explain what part you need, they can then give you the part number, then you can go to the Toyota dealer on Malta and order it. Or even order it via Lexus in the UK, they'll post it to Malta.

Incidentally where do you live on Malta? I spend a lot if my time there (here, I'm here for Christmas) as my wife is Maltese and I see very few Lexus. Can only recall seeing one silver 220d, not yours was it? Lol....

Hi Chris

Incidentally it isn't! I own a navy blue one but you are right about the scarcity of Lexus cars here - I think 10 in total here would be mighty generous for my estimates :). Thanks for the tip, though! It's actually the plastic bit that's cracked (right at the base). It appears to be a small part which connects to other parts but I can't be sure until I actually see a diagram of the part or area.

I have tried to access some Lexus spare part dealers but most ask for the part name or number and I am unsure how to find this. Do you have any in mind? I did contact 247spares.co.uk who hooked me up with a couple of contacts - thing is there is only a telephone number and all seem to be engaged :(

I just want to be sure what part I need before I take any further action!

I'm sure you must be pleased to be away from the atrocious weather (although we can't really call ours bright and sunny now can we?).

Thanks again for your invaluable tips.

Ahh I see your predicament. Not as though you can just drive into your local dealer and say "I need that bit"

What about taking some photos of the cracked bit and posting them on this thread, might get some more luck that way as maybe somebody will know what part it is.

Hope somebody can be more helpful.

Have a great Christmas :hohoho:

I'm in Birkirkarra by the way but my wife loves Sliema, we spend a lot of time there... Shopping, restaurants etc.

If I see a 220d in Sliema I'll be sure to come over and say hello :)

Hey Chris

Thanks again for advice and Merry Xmas to you and your family (inc Lexus I believe!)

I have attached image of part needing changing. Hope it is clear enough for someone to help me?

Not sure if this is part of the windscreen mounting or the grille mounting at the base of the windscreen?

post-48979-0-73500700-1387957304_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links