Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hesitation On Motorway

399amie

Hi all merry xmas

Just done a journey from South Coast to London and I noticed a slight hesitation whilst driving at 70mph it was very slight but noticeable . My car is a 07 plate 60k 220 d with a diesel chip in and I was driving with the revs just over 2200rpm in 5th .

Could be carbon/. Soot build up in the system or could it be the chip ? Any ideas anyone

Thanks in advance Gary

• 1 month later...

Hi Gary,

I've been experiencing exactly the same thing. I had to bypass the chip yesterday to take it in for the MOT and the hesitation has disappeared - so my guess is the Chip Express chip. I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks with chip bypassed - although I suspect that the fuel consumption will be worse. In my particular case, the hesitation was happening while trying to drive at a steady speed - whether 40mph, 30mph etc. Hope this helps.

Richard

Hi Richard

Mine only seems to happen when it's been driving for a couple of hours ,I have since taken the egr valve off to see if that was clogged but it wasn't .i have put some stuff in the tank that makes it regen at lower heat .

I've not done a long run yet , when I have I will post the results

Regards Gary

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links