Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Grade Oil Do You Use Of Recommend

finest1

hi all,

happy xmas to you all!!

ok, im coming up to my first oil change. the manual says use 0w20 grade oil
(expensive and not many places sell them). i was in Halfords and i
checked their catalogue and they recommend 5w30.

what
oils are you guys using and had best performance with. i've clocked 91k
on the clock. i was thinking of magnatec , but open to suggestions

thanks in advance

finest1 :hocus-pokus:

I'm nearly sure the manual suggests 5w30 as the best all rounder no??? The IS250 needs a 5w30 A1/B1 oil which can be picked up anywhere for buttons. Toyota 5w30 fuel efficient oil can be got for around £15 for 5 litres from dealers. Magnetec A1/B1 5w30 is perfectly fine also, Comma, Millers - anything that meets that spec will be perfect for your car. Lucky you my IS220d needs the more expensive low ash oil 0w30 or 5w30 C2 spec! Which it drinks!

I think you need about 6.3 litres for a change on a 250 (Comma state 6.3L). If I were you I'd choose the cheapest well known brand that meets that 5w30 A1/B1. It's Ford spec oil, so can be got anywhere.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/mobile/ecp/p/car-accessories/engine-oils-and-car-fluids/engineoils/5w30-engine-oil/?521772231&0&cc5_247

That's a bargain Shell Helix 5w30 A1/B1 - £20 for 5 litres, can't go wrong with Shell oil! Even if you bought 10 litres for £40, you would have enough for topups and you probably would only need to buy 1 5 litre for the next oil change! That's much better value than the Magnetec!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links