Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Problem While Accelerating

Mr-Lex

Sanj, I'm gonna get my clutch replaced (well want to).. my 2nd and 3rd are poor.

How much did they charge? Just so I have some point of reference.

Thanks!

ps. Car is still under warranty, I will try to get them to cut the price down by a substantial amount, especially seeing as I've only had the car 2 months.

You can try getting done under warranty but if it is wear and tear then they won't have it ;)

With the LOC Gold discount (15% inc labour) came total of £380...

Wear and tear after 2 months of no driving?? (it sat in my front drive pretty much the entire time!)

Under warranty they will try it on with a reconditioned clutch maybe.. I'll offer to pay some amount towards a new clutch.. just hope it works out for me as it did for you Sanj :D

Is this a new car? If so then the warranty will cover abnormal wear. If it's a used car then the warranty will not cover a worn clutch due to wear and tear. The clutch would have been worn before you purchased the warranty, and they don't fix problems that already exist nor replace items are just at the end of their life.

However you may be able to make the dealer pay as it seems they sold you a car that is not acceptable.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links