Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi lads,

I'm the proud owner of an ISF and my brother is looking at buying a GS450h.

He's wondering what sort of mpg he can expect from a GS, I had an RX400h before the ISF and it returned around 28-30 mph.

I should say he's looking at an 08 GS, hopefully with the nav and mark Levinson system fitted.

Cheers guys, Damo.

Averaged 30.5mpg over the last year/15 000 miles.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/dellardo/gs450h

Most of my journeys are Cambridge to Reading/Heathrow/Birmingham and it really depends on how you drive the car and traffic conditions, started off averaging around 32.5mpg, seen 40mpg on a run to Birmingham but heading steadily down as for the sake of a couple of £ per fill up I'd rather use the performance and not pussy foot around.

Generally I'd guestimate

On a long run with little traffic 35mpg

On a long run with traffic 32mpg

Around town without too much stop/start 25mpg

Fast cross country run 27mpg

My last 4 fill ups have been between 33 and 36mpg.This was brim to brim, not on board computer.

Driving was mixed with local and motorway.

As Del Lardo says it all depends upon your driving style.

I would not advise buying the car for is low fuel consumption (although for a 3.5 litre V6 petrol it is very good indeed).I would advise buying it for its peace and serenity, unhurried but linear power and the smug satisfaction of owning and driving a motor car of real quality not available to many.

Good luck.

Regards

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links