Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlights & Tail Lights

Alien8307

Does any1 know if you can split the is200 head and tail lights?

I am thinking of painting the insides black/dark in order to make the unit itself dark/tinted.

As my headlights are dark inside already but I think that's how they came as they are aftermarket LED ones.

The rear lights cannot be split with oven method, The easiest way is to use a "dremel" or equivalent and cut round seam of light.

The rear lights are ultrasonic plastic welded together whereas front lights are held together with mastic.

If you search on youtube there are video's for both types.

That's good to know Ian cos I was gonna do my rear lights same as the front! Thanks mate!!

If you do them Chris, the best way is cut on the clear side as close to grey plastic as possible, then when you reassemble using silicone, holds together easier while drying.

Cheers buddy :) I'm gonna leave them well alone and just try a sheet of vinyl tint

That would be quicker and less likely to go wrong LOL, Although it isn't as bad as it sounds.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You can separate the front lights using a hair dryer . Takes a while but once the glue is soft they part ok .take your time so you don't warp the plastic .once apart spray the reflectors with a satin black , looks much better than Matt .

Then once dry resealed with black sealant .

• 2 weeks later...

Head lights are easy.

I just did mine.

take the lights out and remove the rubber backs and bulbs

place in the centre of the oven at about 115 deg and leave them for about 5-10 mins
(keep checking them)

the glue will loosen and then carefully take them out and begin to prise the lense of the back.

place the lense to one side and pull out the chrome part and pant and remove the orange lense.

spray with primer let that dry then spray with black satin spray let that dry

once its dried put them back together and place back in the oven as the glue heats
back up you can push it back together

once cooled place back on the car

job done

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links