Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie Rx 400H Owner - Hello!

choddo

and thanks for some advice you guys gave me when I was looking to buy. Really helped.

So I ended up picking up this, high mileage July 08 RX at a decent price. Couple of grand more than several similar mileage 06 SEs I looked at. I think it must be an Exec LE because it has the right spec for that.

post-49121-0-37055600-1390603202_thumb.j

post-49121-0-59338200-1390603134_thumb.j

Bodywork in very good nick though a dink on the boot needs fixing and some gritter chips need sorting. Wheels are immaculate, somehow. Maybe refurbed. Proper Lexus service history (even the 90k when it's only done 87) - I imagine the next one will cost me a few bob?

Interior and paint had had some Supagard treatment applied to it when new and I think it has kept it in decent condition in spite of the mileage. Quick check of the satnav history suggests a lot of motorway trips which I'm hoping is a good sign.

Wife was ready to kill me this week when it refused to start 4 days out of 5 :) New Battery went in today! Outfit who sold it to us is paying, which I appreciate, though they must have known it was dead and really should have done it before.

btw, Kwikfit happily let us book it in for that and then said "oh we can't work on hybrids" when we took it in. Muppets. Halfords Autocentre were great, guy even drove off to their warehouse to get a different Battery when they realised they'd brought in the wrong one.

So nice to drive. I haven't quite got the seat set up right yet, lower back feels a bit stressed after half an hour, but the ride, performance, handling (not perfect but I'm a BMW addict and it's not embarassed in that company) and especially level of kit is amazing. The dials, hifi, satnav and Bluetooth are REALLY nice. And I love the comedy 50p digital clock - what were they thinking?

Speaking of which - it lets you register more than one phone but you have to change manually between them (and actually I'd quite like to register my personal & work phones and have them both active) - I don't suppose later satnav firmware allows that?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links