Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Greetings From Amazingstoke!

SeriousSam

Morning all,

My wife and I have just bought ourselves an IS250 to replace her tired old 1.4 Astra. It's quite the upgrade, and we're both really happy with it. Me being me I'd like to add a couple of minor mods to improve it just a little, and I was hoping this would be the right place to get some advice.

First up, I'm after some iPod integration for the Mark Levinson sound system, and I'm looking at the Vais Tech MML (http://www.vaistech.com/site/mml.php). Has anyone got any experience of that particular combination, and are there any fitters that people can recommend in the Basingstoke area?

Second, the headlights are a bit weedy when compared to the factory fitted HIDs on my RX-8, so I'd be wanting to get those upgraded. I'm all for staying road legal, so I'm looking for a place to get hold of the OEM Xenon headlights with levelling sensors, ballasts and washer jets. I could ask the stealers, but I can't convince myself that they would be good value, and there's not much on eBay. Can anyone recommend a good source for OEM parts?

Looking forward to many years of happy ownership :)

Sam

Hi Sam, welcome to the forum!

There doesn't seem to be much about in the way of mods for the is250. There was a member asking a similar question a day or two ago and all people came up with were a induction kit/air box and and exhaust (it could have been an ISF exhaust).

The MML interface looks good, I've never seen it before. I think most people tend to use a Bluetooth interface to stream music from there phone like the blackberry gateway for around £15 (eBay).

For headlight I'm not sure how expensive a oem kit would be but I guess very, you might be better searching breakers yards. I just upgraded to LED sidelights with Osram nightbreakers. It's a good upgrade but nothing like Xenon.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links