Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I decided to have a look at costs of a sat nav update for my 2006 IS250, and I came across this place offering an update disk for £33. Has anyone used that site? Are they Legit?

When checking the update on here I get a part number that is exactly the same, except for the suffix is 0E on the cheap version, and 0F on the official, but I assume that means the cheap one is just slightly older, correct?

Any other options for getting cheaper updates, other than the Bay?

I asked the same question with no reply. I didn't buy of them in the end, I found an original 2014 disc on eBay.de for around 70e. There seem to be a fair few on there. I'd rather pay the extra and have full confidence in it

Ah, shame. From a but more of an investigation round the site, it looks like they sell them as "backup disks" meaning they're probably copies, and will therefore either not work (due to the change made in ~2010 I believe that stops copied disks working) or they'll have the old firmware on it, and therefore won't allow usage whilst moving. Seems like eBay is going to be the best bet!

• 1 month later...

You could always go to Lexus and know you've done the job properly, 100% legit and any problems they'll sort out.

Lol. Most people are sign for this site in order to avoid dealers ripp off prices but hey, some advertising also. Nice try DJP.Lol twice

You could always go to Lexus and know you've done the job properly, 100% legit and any problems they'll sort out.

Lol. Most people are sign for this site in order to avoid dealers ripp off prices but hey, some advertising also. Nice try DJP.Lol twice

Not trying anything, and certainly no advertising axe to grind, but having spent loadsa money on a lovely car I'm not going to skimp on the marginals. Each to their own of course. :whistling:

The backup discs from the other internet sites will not let you input destinations whilst on the move. I emailed the seller to enquire about this and ended up buying a genuine disc on eBay. Anything after 2009 will have the required firmware for on the move inputs. Copies are a false econony my friend.

Everyone is trying to save a few pennies.I bought a genuine disc but the copies do work on some other brands.I had a 2010 copy in my Honda Accord and it worked perfectly well.

The eBay add seems quite plausable and in most cases it will do the intended job; just not in a Lexus !

Why buy a Lexus and then fill it with dodgy stuff off Ebay?

Who said they were dodgy? Are you speaking from experience? The one I bought was legit and half the price so why go to Lexus?

I think there problem here is some people are to scared to touch their cars, like the type of person who drives to the dealer to put a new Battery in there key!

• Like 2

I totally agree if its legit, I just think its getting harder to find things that are legit! maybe i'm unlucky lol

There are certain websites that are offering copies, but if your looking for a real one try eBay.de

I too would like to update my 07 is250 as some of the new roads aren't on it and it would be great to be able to do it on the go. Is this what I need

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-TOYOTA-LEXUS-NAVIGATION-SAT-NAV-DISC-DVD-UK-EUROPE-2009-2010-E12-ref-9-/400692144390?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item5d4b1ce906

And how much of a saving would that be over getting it from Lexus?

Thanks

Ditto spider, I'm just chicken to buy, knowing my luck I will end up with a Val Donican DVD!

If you have a 2010 model then surely you have the HDD system. That is updated with a USB dongle to upload into the HDD. Current release one is 2014 release and costs around £160. Takes about an hour and has to be done at Lexus garage.

I'd be tempted to go with a 2012 onwards disc if you can find one. It will definitely let you input whilst on the move and be more current regarding the roads. A lot has changed since 2009.

• 2 weeks later...

Why buy a Lexus and then fill it with dodgy stuff off Ebay?

Who said they were dodgy? Are you speaking from experience? The one I bought was legit and half the price so why go to Lexus?

I think there problem here is some people are to scared to touch their cars, like the type of person who drives to the dealer to put a new Battery in there key!

Shortly, well put it !!!

Interesting comment, scared to change a Battery.....................I'm an Aircraft Engineer........................as for the eBay, yes i have had some dodgy stuff of eBay, Be shocked if I'm unique in that respect lol

i'm as happy to save pennies as the next man, but i own a Lexus, I therefore want Lexus trained techs to service it

Aircraft engineer eh, you must be good behind a computer screen then, do you get someone to load the cds for you? It's a Lexus not a RR

Haha, my Grease Monkey days are done, too old, too fat and dodgy knees, Putting petrol in is as much as my aged and knackered limbs can cope with lol

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links