Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ct200H Fsport 2013. Lexus Sat Nav System.

Whosthebagdaddy

This might be a bit of a vent but stay with me. Firstly, does anyone else have this system?

So here is my problem. I have only just got the car and was off on hold to France for a few days last week. First time to use the sat nav abroad. I have had issues with it in the UK too. Voice activation. It gives you the option to say the town and street name, or just the town. Giving just the town does not work! It always asks you for the street name, always! So actually driving with it. Driving along the motorway...Set the route after a little fight with it and away we go. Popped in the postcode for channel tunnel, It wanted to take me to the middle of the channel! Yep in the sea. Not a good start. Poi then. Got me within signs for the tunnel, but would of actually gone past it by miles. While driving along the motorway it keeps saying slight left at the Motorway exit! No warning the exit is even coming up! Just, take the next slight left...Really! When I arrived in France it would then not accept voice commands in English. Said all voice commands to be in French when in France! WTF! Again driving on roads got, slight right for all motorway exits, just said. slight right ahead! What. No it's an exit of the motorway, not a slight right! On my return I contacted Lexus with the issues. Popped into the dealer yesterday who said that's just the way it is. Spoke to Customer Relations today who said the same. I was also told the maps need updating and would cost me £140 to get done. I have only had the car 20 something days...Umm the maps should be up to date before I buy it! Seriously considering handing it back. Rant over, but valid I think. I have used Sat navs for years. While in France I ended up using a free ihpone app to do nav. It was brilliant. Clear directions, exit warnings and lane directions. If a free app can do this...Yet a 20k plus car can't...This needs sorting.

• Like 1

Martin.

I totally agree with all you have mentioned. The sat nav is a load of crap. My ct is a 2011 and we were thinking of upgrading to this years Fsport but after having a chat with our dealer listing a few issues we have had with our car I have decided to stick with the one we've got as there doesn't seem much advantage compaired to what we have now.

Getting back to the satnav we were told the same thing but they shrugged their shoulders as well.

If I do decide later to upgrade to the 2014 model I would definitely not have the satnav built in.

I use a Garmin stuck to the wind screen and it works a treat.

• Like 1

Hi, Thanks for the post. I have had this attitude all day long from them today as well. I called them and all they would say was it's how it is. No actual help to resolve it. I had the 2012 version before and that had tomtom built in, so actually worked! I agree with you it is total Crap! The Fsport is great, but they fail to realise that the sat nav is now an essential part of a car. I was not even shown it when I changed to this car. Just told there is built in sat nav. I like the car a lot but spending 20k plus on it has left a very sour taste. The dealer even said I would have to pay for a map update! I only got it a few weeks ago so it should of been updated before i bought it. Hey ho. I would never recommend them now. They have blown it with me.

Sticking a garmin to my windscreen suits me too. I have owned 3 cars with built in sat nav and my garmin has been used in preference to them all. My major gripe with built in sat navs is that they dont appear to be able to tolerate intelligent passengers who can reprogramme the route whilst the car is in motion and they have all been a little troublesome to silence in a hurry when I need to concentrate on the road rather than to listen to mindless chat about staying on the motorway for another 30 miles. The best built in sat nav is in our prius but i only use its superior display for reversing and in car functions such as setting the air conditioning and checking fuel usage.

• Like 1

Nice reply Geof.

It's a pity the manufacturers don't listen to the punters. It would save them on initial cost to have a tried and tested sat nav system that can be updated on a computer. (and something that works).

I'm sure Garmin or the likes would be able to do a deal considering how many motors they would accommodate.

Hi all. Glad you have all posted on my gripe. Can we keep this going. This needs sorting and the best way is customer complaints. I have had the most awful response from the Luxus customer service UK team. They were rude and matter of fact. No, what can we do to help. Just that's how it is, tough! I am hunting for the email of Lexus MD UK and Worldwide. Go to the top to get anything done. Let's see.

Good luck but you'll prob be talking to yourself mate .

Some dealers are good some are crap and clueless .no names meant ironed but last time I pulled outside a Lexus dealer in my car

A salesman came out and said oh I've never seen one of these before lol.its only been out 6 year why wouldn't he lol

Straight from a skoda dealership or summet ,tidy .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links