Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi all

On my way home from work this evening my remote locking key fell apart and I have lost the Battery.

I know how to replacxe the Battery and which type to buy but my concern is that without a Battery at all in the key it may loose its coding as I will not be able to get a new Battery till lunchtime tomorrow.

Should I be concerned?

Thanks

Keith

I had one of my key batteries go flat on my GS300, it still worked but the range was reduced. I removed the Battery to find out the model number so I could purchase a new one but I started to use one of my other keys and never got around to getting a new Battery.

8 weeks later I sold my car and whilst getting everything ready I found the old Battery and put it back in and tested the key. It worked fine. So there is no problem of the key losing it's code.

Hi all

Thought I would just give an update on my recent experience with my remote locking key that fell apart.

Finally got the right Battery after realising that it was not a CR1616 as I read somewhere on this list but a BR/CR1216 only available from watch repairers at short notice as I found out for the princely sum of a fiver.

My key had been without a Battery for the best part of 18 hours and to my suprise, when I tried it after fitting the new Battery it still locked and unlocked the doors.

Guess you were right Colin!

Keith

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links