Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all new here with my is250.

I have fit a hid kit today. All seamed fine all working ok. Until I go to park up and I notice the engine warning light and traction light on on the dash. I give it a bit of a run thinking they might clear but they have not.

Any ideas on my issue

Cheers

Hi Shannon,

Don't know why the lights are on your dash as I did my HID lights a few weeks ago had no issues.

The only reason I think it could happen is because you have to take the filter out to install the drivers side and this may have caused it.

Solution: Take off your negative terminal on the Battery and leave for 5 minutes, then reconnect and you will be fine.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I will give that a try thanks.

I did remove the air filter / maf to gain access.

I did not disconnect the Battery to do the install as I thought I may loose radio code.

If I disconnect it for the 5 minutes will I loose the radio ?

When you removed the filter and MAF, did you test your lights after install whilst filters were off as this will trigger the engine lights to the dash.

I don't think you will loose your radio but you will need to reSync your windows all of them. You just need to open full and close all the way at all doors. You will see flashing light which will go off once syncd.

Yes I did test the lights while maf was disconnected and air box out. I never started engine just pressed the start button twice to get lights on.

I find it strange getting the traction light on. Ok the engine light as this is electrical.

I'll update once I've disconnected the Battery.

Cheers

The reason your engine management light has come on is because the car had detected a fault. Something (a sensor) is telling the ecu there's something wrong. The trc flashing comes on with the engine light a lot of the time. It normally indicates a misfire which again adds up if you moved the MAF or air box.

I agree with the above, I think you disturbed something.

If you have put everything back as it was I would do exactly what's been suggested and disconnect the Battery to clear the lights. Now if the lights come back on after doing this then you need to get a diagnostic done to retrieve the fault codes that will point you in the direction of the fault.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links