Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys,

Has anyone taken out a Smart repair policy out with Lexus, if you have would you be able to advise how they repair stone chips are they using a touch up pen or do they respray the whole section, I was offered this policy when I bought my lexus back dec 2013 but never took it out at the time but now as I'm getting few stone chips on front and rear bumper I want to get these chips repaired to keep the paint work looking good?

Thanks

I very much doubt that even with a smart repair policy it
would include re spraying panels or even sections of panel, more like touch up.
Even a good smart repairer would not attempt to repair a section of a panel, my
brother in law has a stone chip in the middle of his bonnet, smart repairers won’t
touch it. Your best bet it to wait until you have so many stone chips on you
bumper that you con no longer live with it and then have the complete bumper re
sprayed, if you someone who does a lot of motorway driving and seems to get a lot
of stone chips and you intend to keep your car a few years you may want to concider
clear barm, if its installed properly you wont even see its there.

Thanks for the responses.

I've tried Chipex on my previous car wasn't impressed did the same job as a touch pen.

@ Chris, where do you get conceder clear barm from and how much does it cost? As i tried googling it through a whole bunch of other crap.

Hi Jay, I did concoider it for my car, just the bumber but i dont do very much motorway driving and touch wood i am chip free so far.

i think your looking at around £600 instaled for the bumper, have a look at the links below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA7yCujMCNk

http://www.3mventureshield.co.uk/paint-protection-film/

i think its worth doing if you do a lot of motorway driving and if you intend on keep your car a few years, the problem is that you will have to sort out the chips first before haveing it done, so £300 for a bumper re spray and another £600 for the clear bar, so not much change from a grand.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links