Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fascia Adapter For 2001 Model

Hi,

Just joined the forum as I am looking for some advice on replacing the head unit in my IS200. I've had a good read around and in the absence of a genuine Toyota part, the consensus seems to suggest that a Scosche fascia adapter will look nicest in my dash. Feel free to say if you think different - a lot of the threads I have read are very old!

Anyhow the postage is prohibitive getting one of these things from the States, so I looked on eBay. Some of the non-Scosche options state that they fit 98-04, others say 01-04. This confuses me because my car was registered in 2001, so how can I be sure whether or not an 01-04 part will be any good to me? What changed in 2001 to make the dash different? This is particularly relevant to a potential Scosche purchaser like me because the only adapter currently listed is 01-04.

I have already bought a Connects2 kit, luckily it came in clear packaging, I didn't need to open it in order to see that the texture is a hopeless mis-match :msn-oh:. That can go straight back whence it came...

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Regards

Ayrton

Lexus customer service confirm it is a 2001 built car. However the person I spoke to had no clue what the difference between early and late build cars were.

Anyway that's enough for me to take a chance on the Scosche.

Sorry for the late reply, there are no differences between early and late dashboards apart from the colour of the very last ones.

The one you have purchased will be fine, fit wise.

Ian.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links