Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So after just 6 months and 5000km of ownership I've said bye bye to my IS220d. It was a love hate relationship but I have definitely not been put off buying another Lexus - far from it, although I would certainly think twice about it being a diesel Lexus. Luckily I've lost next to nothing on the car and I've decided to go back to VAG and have bought a Leon TDI.

I loved the looks, styling, features and in some ways the drive but I did not love the engine. If I was doing long distances/motorway miles I'm sure it would have been better but I don't. Diesel cars are the norm out here as petrol is more expensive than diesel but if I'm honest I made a mistake with this one. I cleaned the egr valve quite early into ownership and I checked it again after just 3000km and it was badly coked up again, this is with using an additive and premium diesel. Over the 6 months I only managed an average of 35mpg, with aircon I'd be closer to 30! I can't believe Lexus are allowed to quote such high figures when in real life it's so much lower.

There are a lot of things I like about the car though so I guess I'd probably really like a IS250.

I'll probably still pass by the forum now and again as I really like it, it's obviously a bit of an older environment (less immature) and people are very helpful and polite, unfortunately it can be a little quiet on here but this is probably due to Lexus being relatively rare on the UK roads.

Thanks for all the help, and see you around!

"There are a lot of things I like about the car though so I guess I'd probably really like a IS250."

Got it in one!! The 250 is a smashing car.

Enjoy your Seat. It is so irritating that Lexus screwed up things with the 220d.

Fair enough. I can understand it must be significantly more expensive to own a v6 petrol when petrol is more expensive than diesel. It's crazy that it's the other way around here. Not that I'm complaining as it makes filling up my IS250 a little better!

Thanks guys. I'm sure the Leon will suit my needs, an IS250 would be great but very rare out here.

There will be a white one in the Eastern Loire in July :whistling::whistling:

Fair enough. I can understand it must be significantly more expensive to own a v6 petrol when petrol is more expensive than diesel. It's crazy that it's the other way around here. Not that I'm complaining as it makes filling up my IS250 a little better!

If i was in the UK i would have never bought the 220d, if i'm honest i'm not sure if i would have even gone for an is250 but i'm pleased i have experienced Lexus and hopefully it wont be my last. I can dream about an ISF :)

I'll be happy to drive mine out to you for a test drive if you pay..... :whistling:

I'd love a test drive of one! Not sure if i'd pay for one though haha :D

Thanks guys. I'm sure the Leon will suit my needs, an IS250 would be great but very rare out here.

There will be a white one in the Eastern Loire in July :whistling::whistling:

Pop over for a pint - Test drive first though :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links