Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member Saying Hi

Uze

Quick Hello to all on here. I am normally on American sites, as into Mustangs & Jeep.

I recently purchased an old LS400 for a runaround, and have found it a joy to drive.

Had Lower control arm bushes and drop links fitted last week at a very very cheap price,

so no more banging when braking, and the knocking stopped so happy bunny.

Now need to sort the noise from maybe exhaust back of engine & firewall. Sounds like when

as a kid, you had a lolly stick in your bike wheel. Gets better as warms up, so any suggestions before goes into garage appreciated. Thanks Les

photo1_zpsf0762b90.jpg

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Sounds like the usual cracked concertina section of the EGR pipe, pig of a job to do as you have to drop the cats and exhaust to gain access and it is still tight in there.

May be worth checking your engine mounts as worn ones stress the pipe.

Other cause is a leaking Y section on the exhaust.

Thanks for welcome and poss cause Steve.

If that bad a job, will ignore it, as just a noise which calms down so big deal.

Will get it checked 1st though. Regards Les

Hi and welcome. Also very much into the American car scene. Cant beat em, they have such a presence on the road over here too. however Lexus i believe is the closest thing to an american car over here with the wheel on the right side and parts are more accessible

Lovely LS400 anyway. Never seen a white one

Hi and welcome. Also very much into the American car scene. Cant beat em, they have such a presence on the road over here too. however Lexus i believe is the closest thing to an american car over here with the wheel on the right side and parts are more accessible

Thanks Pete.

I think the comparison is maybe on a Limo but our Mustangs are the complete opposite IMO lol

all noise & grunt, then get in the Lexus, and like a Battery car. TBH this was bought as a temp car, till

I get another 4x4. but now got the noisy suspension sorted,& if I can get the exhaust gas (Assume it is that)

I may well keep it longer. I have severe back problems, and comfort is important, and this fits the bill.

The white is more pearl white. I have never seen one. Either been painted again and the painter dropped

his coffee in the mix, or that is the correct colour?

Regards Les

This was my 08 GT Vert just sold

P1010014_zps8c3f1d66.jpg

My older 97 GT sold 4 years ago

GT3.jpg

Both were mint condition, and both sold without advertising, as my club members bought them

due to condition. (club is Mustang Owners clug GB)

Thanks Pete.

I think the comparison is maybe on a Limo but our Mustangs are the complete opposite IMO lol

all noise & grunt, then get in the Lexus, and like a Battery car. TBH this was bought as a temp car, till

I get another 4x4. but now got the noisy suspension sorted,& if I can get the exhaust gas (Assume it is that)

I may well keep it longer. I have severe back problems, and comfort is important, and this fits the bill.

The white is more pearl white. I have never seen one. Either been painted again and the painter dropped

his coffee in the mix, or that is the correct colour?

Regards Les

This was my 08 GT Vert just sold

P1010014_zps8c3f1d66.jpg

My older 97 GT sold 4 years ago

GT3.jpg

Both were mint condition, and both sold without advertising, as my club members bought them

due to condition. (club is Mustang Owners club GB)

Wow nice mustangs. Love em. Gotta have the V8 though.

Yeah i was thinking of luxury equiv class. Cadillacs, buicks lincolns etc. Lexus drive very similar and not anything else like it on these shores. Afterall Lexus was built with the american market in mind with smooth, relaxed and reliable motors

Wow nice mustangs. Love em. Gotta have the V8 though.

Yeah i was thinking of luxury equiv class. Cadillacs, buicks lincolns etc. Lexus drive very similar and not anything else like it on these shores. Afterall Lexus was built with the american market in mind with smooth, relaxed and reliable motors

Thanks Pete. They were both v8 (both GT's)

The silver vert, had Eibach lowered springs. 1inch spacers, hence the stance. CAI fitted with performance tune.

Bullitt Grille fitted. GT500KR's Mufflers fitted giving the best sounding one around. Boy do I miss it lol

The Black one I had done in triple black, as interior was tan like most 90's cars. It was known as Les's black mirror.

Looking for a replacement at present.

Regards Les

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Had the car on a ramp the other day. The guy could hear the blow, but could not pinpoint it.

Suggested may even be the Cat. The flanges had already been welded by previous owner,

so decided to live with it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links