Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Google Nexus 5 And Premium Sat Nav

When I got my IS300H 6 weeks ago I noticed that when I paired by Google Nexus 5 phone with the premium sat nav that only 330 of my 1200+ contacts transferred over. I was going to 'phone the Lexus Bluetooth helpdesk number but I did a bit of digging on-line and found a lot of people having problems with Google devices and cars (Lexus and non-lexus). The solution seemed to be a number of bug fixes coming in Android version 4.4.3. I knew it was coming soon so held off.

I got the update to 4.4.3 on my phone last week but I still have the same problem syncing contacts. I've tried everything I can think of but can't even see any logic or pattern as to which ones transfer and which ones don't. I even purchased an app called Bluetooth Phonebook which many people rave about and say it solved their issues. Hasn't worked for me though.

Does anybody else have similar issues or experiences???

Hi Ross,

Do you have several contact lists? I have had a similar experience with my Nexus5. Mine only shows a limited number and they are all from my SIM card, not my Outlook or Google contacts. The problem I have - if you could call it a problem - is that Nexus will only use one set of contacts to transfer to the handsfree kit and I think it's those under the "People" app. If you check the "Contacts to display" or the "Accounts" options you may be on the right road. My Lexus read in over 1200 numbers but from all the accounts so there were so many duplicates I got so frustrated that I only use my SIM account now. There is an app called Merge+ that will help weed out the duplicates but be careful it doesn't remove you better halve's number as it did with mine!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links