Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All.

My passenger seat in my sc430 has stopped tilting, i can't seem to find out why. there is a slight clunking when the tilt button is moved in either direction which tells me its not the power system or the button, is this right?

I thought maybe one of the kids have dislodge something which their clumsy feet but can't see anything hanging down.

Anyone have any experience on this subject?

cheers

Gary

Not needed to do this is mine but try adjusting everything else to the complete opposite and try again. I sometimes have to do this to fix my lumbar adjustment as well as the tilt in my Dad's car.

• Like 1

ok, I have loosened the seat now and managed to turn it enough to examine it even though all the furniture is still on the seat. i can see at the side there is a small motor with a push rod connected to it to tilt the seat. how do i take the seat apart to access it and check to see if its repairable or replace it. also where can i get replacement parts if needed.

thanks

Gary

The link below refers to the earlier LS400 models but may be of help with yours, there are also other links I found by typing "LS400 seat repair" into google.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls400/442318-how-to-fix-the-problem-with-non-working-reclining-on-drivers-seat-pictures-inside.html

update, ok, i have now removed the seat and the side furniture and removed the motor and tested it. the motor works fine both ways, i put it back on the seat and i can see it trying to move the back but it seems jammed, how do i take off the tilting mechanism and how can i tilt the seat manually in the meantime.

cheers

Gary

Got your request too late Alex. will try and take pics when re-assembling and post them in reverse order, lol

i've completely stripped it now, seat off, back off, and disconnected the wires from them also to make it easier to work. If i get this mess back together and it works i,ll show my arse at Buckingham Palace!!! theres loads of tech in these chairs.....

Gary

• Like 1

I have found the culprit, its the mechanism that tilts the seat back and forward. its the part after the motor, it is white plastic and has a couple of cogs inside it to tilt the seat back.

Anyone got one or an old damaged passenger seat that i can take the part off.

cheers
Gary
file:///Users/coredrivers/Downloads/Lexus%20sc%20seat%20tilt%20part.JPG

You'll need to host the picture on a website such as imgur for us to see it Gary.

May even be the sort of thing that's surprisingly cheap from a dealer, worth asking!

Heres the culprit, its the mechanism that tilts the seat back and forward. its the part after the motor, it is white plastic and has a couple of cogs inside it to tilt the seat back.

Anyone got one or an old damaged passenger seat that i can take the part off.

cheers

https://plus.google.com/103301776947440563402/posts/b6U7yGASwqw

• Like 1

I've found Russell at Lexus Sheffield to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful!

Looks to me as the kind of part Toyota will have used in a number of vehicles so a good chance it will be a cheap fix. At any rate cheaper than of you'd gotten someone else to diagnose it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links