Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 2001 Washer Jets Discontinued

Right, that's it...I have given up trying to unblock my windscreen washer jets, they just will not unblock for any length of time, and life is simply too short to spend any more time with a pin, bycycle pump, bits of wire, boiling water, and all the other wierd and wonderful solutions I have tried. I have also tried some cheap 'universal' ones from amazon and they were pretty rubbish, and a real nuisance to fit.

So I thought whatever the cost, I am just going to buy some new ones. Unfortunately the computer at the Lexus dealer says "No". Aparrently my car is too old for them to be stocked anymore, and the very helpful chap in the service centre couldn't tell me if newer ones would fit.

So, dear forum gurus, can anybody point me in the right direction for an alternative? I have my MOT coming up soon and I really need a solution. Does somebody know a supplier with a secret stash?

Forgive me for making assumptions, but I presume that your attempts to clean your washer jets only for them to fail after a short time (so I presume they do actually deliver, albeit briefly) are down to a collection over time of scale, gunge and other associated particles accumulated over many years of use. If this is the case, then simply cleaning or fitting new jets won't help the situation as you will only drag more rubbish through to its narrowest point. What is needed is some careful deep cleaning of the reservoir, pump, non return valves and pipe lines.

Can I suggest that you detach the washer jets and attach two lengths of plastic screen piping over the original pipework in order to extend it (available at most good motor factors for reasonable money) long enough to divert the water flow into a bucket. Next, flush out the reservoir tank with a hose pipe and then re-fill using a strong detergent or a solution of warm water and bicarb of soda.

Next, run this mix through the washer system, allowing the solution to drain away through the extended pipes into the bucket, so as not to take the gloss off your paint work. When you have dispensed about 75% of the cleaning solution, stop the process and allow to stand for a couple of hours (leaving over-night is even better)

Replenish the washer reservoir with clean, warm water so that we still have a weak cleaning solution, and again, run this through the system. Finally, refill the reservoir and run fresh water through as many times as you need in order to flush out the system completely.

Replace your newly cleaned washer jets and all should be good. For good house-keeping, add some alcohol based screen-wash to keep it good.

Never use washing up liquid as it congeals over time and never top up from the Kettle as this way, you introduce limescale.

Hope this helps..

Kind Regards,

Eric

Thanks Eric, I will give it a go. I have never been able to get the jets clean to the extent that they deliver as they should, but I can improve things a bit. I can see the gunk inside the jets as a darkened area showing through the white plastic of the body of the jet.

The bi-carb is something I haven't tried, though I have flushed out the tank with fresh water quite a few times. I might take the tank off the car and try that to get a really good clean.

Also thanks Mark, I will take a look at amayama and see if I can find what I need from there.

Quick update - I did some more searching and found a couple of posts out there that suggested that the LS430 nozzles would fit. So I called the dealer back and they agreed to let me try one out. Fantasitcally they fit.

They aren't colour coded to the car, they are dark grey, but that's fine, I can now see where I am going. I also ran a solution of bi-carb through the system a few times the other night, and there didn't seem to be any gunk that came out, so hopefully that's an end to the issue for a while.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links