Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

No V5C After Purchase From A Indy Dealer...

Stuno1

It has been a week and a half since i bought a car from an independent dealer and I still have no V5C. I could call them and hope they send/have sent it off.

I have the counterpart of the form. Can i get the V5C with that?

Stuart

Hi Stuart, I am sure it can take at least a couple of week to get the V5C. Will the dealer not have forwarded it direct to DVLA and they will then send out the new one to you. I am sure if in another week or so you have heard nothing you can contact DVLA and they can chase it up for you, but the fact you have the counterpart should be fine

Oh ok i hadn't appreciated it could take that long. The dealer would have sent off the forms to the DVLA yes. I'll wait to see if we have it by this time next week and go from there.

Thanks.

Stu

Hi Stuart,

Managed to find out some more information (you really would think I have no work to do).

Used vehicles

The way a used vehicle is registered to you depends on whether it has a V5C registration certificate (sometimes called a log book).

Vehicle has a registration certificate (V5C)

The seller must:

• complete section 6 of the V5C (‘new keeper or new name/new address details’)
  • sign the declaration in section 8 (you must do this too)
  • fill in section 10 (‘new keeper supplement’) and give it to you - this section is also known as the V5C/2
  • send the V5C to DVLA

DVLA aims to send out a new V5C to you within 2 to 4 weeks of getting the old V5C from the seller.

If you don’t get it within 4 weeks:

• complete form V62 - ‘Application for a vehicle registration certificate’
  • send it to DVLA with the V5C/2 given to you by the seller - if you don’t send in the V5C/2, you’ll have to pay a fee

Download form V62 or get it from any Post Office branch.

Contact DVLA if you don’t receive anything 6 weeks after sending in form V62.

That's pretty impatient mate. Can take up to 4-6 weeks.

DVLA are swamped at the minute with the new tax rules etc. I know this as my sister works there.

You can always phone them as well and chase it up but they won't even entertain chasing it if you've been waiting less than 4 weeks.

That's pretty impatient mate. Can take up to 4-6 weeks.

DVLA are swamped at the minute with the new tax rules etc. I know this as my sister works there.

You can always phone them as well and chase it up but they won't even entertain chasing it if you've been waiting less than 4 weeks.

Really? Just enquiring how long it should take. Is that impatient??? Don't think so. Just trying to keep on top of my paperwork.

Stu

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links