Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Can't Find A Fault Please Help.

Awais_121

Hi fellow members,

I have IS220D with 100K miles on it. Had a head gasket problem which was quoted around 3K from lexus hence went to an engine shop near Glasgow. He skimmed head pressure tested etc.. He also said that 5th injector is not working properly and not regenerating DPF. I told them to change it. Collected my car after all work was done and next morning it wouldn't start. Check VSC light came on. I rang AA and error code was P0627 " Fuel Pump "A" Control Circuit/Open. It seems ECU is not allowing it to start. Rang garage and he said probably need to program 5th injector code so take it to lexus. Took it to lexus Carlisle and they said there is no code to setup for .5th injector. They "suspect" it's Suction control valve and quoting 1000£ to take engine out and replace valve. I'm stuck as the garage who did the work don't know much about lexus electrical and lexus Carlisle is just hoping that it could be SCV replacement but could be many other things. Fuel pump is fine. However it only starts once temperature gauge starts moving from cold to hot. Every press of start button engine cranks slightly longer than last time and after quite a struggle it starts. Car runs perfectly when it starts with good mpg and no power loss or limp mode even while check VSC is on. Once engine is hot it starts without any hesitation first time. Please help if someone know anything.

I took out ecu fuse if this is what means by resetting ecu? All settings were defaulted after that. Car is still at lexus Carlisle. I'm not sure whether to ask them for scv replacement. I don't understand though, surely they should be able to check whether suction control valve is working or not but instead they are jumping to hypothesis that it might be faulty. Do they Really have to take the whole engine out for installing scv. ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links