Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where Is The Fuse For The Ect/pwr And Vsc Button? Gs430

Hi Guys,

My ECT/PWR button is not working. I pulled the center console apart and checked all the buttons were connected and they are.

I spoke to the previous owner and he said he thinks its a fuse that needs replacing. I have had a look at the two in the footwells and the 3 under the bonnet and couldnt see anything obvious. Any ideas?

it doesn't appear to be fused. It is directly wired into body ECU No. 1 on two pins (PWR and SNOW) with a third pin (white and black wire) going to ground.

OK. Where else can i check then? As it just doesnt seem to do anything on my car...

Update -

So i just pulled the dash surround off and found there is some black electrical tape over the bottom set of lights... I don't know why its there but the buttons are working.

Now to find out why my gearbox is running like crap.

Normally someone will do that to mask warning lights when selling a car or MOT'ing a car.

As that row also has vsc off, abs, vsc, headlamps levelling and bulb failure indicators, are any other lights on or flashing?

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Normally someone will do that to mask warning lights when selling a car or MOT'ing a car.

As that row also has vsc off, abs, vsc, headlamps levelling and bulb failure indicators, are any other lights on or flashing?

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

Yes, the VSC OFF and VSC Lights are on :-/

Are there are fuses for the VSC?

Probably worth trying a reset on those lights first (some code readers can trigger a yaw sensor error). Details in this link.....

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/76133-2004-gs300-vsc-and-vsc-off-lights-on/

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Probably worth trying a reset on those lights first (some code readers can trigger a yaw sensor error). Details in this link.....

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/76133-2004-gs300-vsc-and-vsc-off-lights-on/

Thanks mate.

I am hoping it is that as i know there has been a code reader on there as the EML is on due to an o2 sensor failure.

Thanks mate.

I am hoping it is that as i know there has been a code reader on there as the EML is on due to an o2 sensor failure.

Just tried this and the ABS light was flashing for ages and nothing else. Moved the car after and the VSC light came on straight away.

My mate popped round with a scanner and it only had one error which was C1336 - Zero Point Calibration of Deceleration Sensor Undone

Googled the error and it says to reset it with that method but like i said, the ABS light just flashes the VSC light is meant to go out apparently but it doesnt.

Any ideas?

Give it another go and double check you do the intervals long enough, it sometimes doesn't clear for me 1st time.

I did try it a couple of times and it didnt work.

Should the ABS light be flashing? What should happen?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links