Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Someone Scraped My Car!

It was my mum, with the Lexus, in the driveway! Just like Cluedo......anyway......

First of all, I dont have access to a digital camera but basically my car has a few scrapes on it. There are about 5 in total, on the passenger side just behind the rear wheel. The worst one is really deep (right down to the metal, it also has a pretty big groove - its deep! and is approx. 7 inches long) this scratch is just above where the rear bumber connects to the wheel arch. Its also messed up the rear mud flap but i'm not so bothered about that.

The other scratches are below this but actually on the bumper and are not deep atall, it seems to have just taken the paint off.

Took it to a bodyshop which i've been before and was impressed with the work and he said he'd do it for £150, although its hard to say without seeing it does this sound like a good price? he said it was a 3 stage pearl and thats why it would cost more (Riviera White, paint code 051 i think?)

I'm waiting for my eyelids to come so hopefully i can get them sprayed at the same time. Its booked in for the 17th December.

Sorry to hear that some mindless :tsktsk: 'touched' your car.

£150 sounds like a good price to me. If you trust this paint shop with your car then go for it. I would rather pay that little extra and know my car will look right than to try and find a cheap and cheerful place and worry about the quality of work.

Have you tried ringing any Lexus workshops for a price?

I did try calling my nearest Lexus dealer which is about 45 minutes drive and they said they'd have to see it so i'm probably just going to take it to this other place. Been going there for about 5 years now for MOT's and stuff and have always been happy with the work, I suppose at the end of the day £150 for some bodywork isnt that bad.

Could have been worse!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links