Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windscreen Wiper Replacement Rubbers

Hi guys,

Just bought a new pair of rubbers for my IS 220 D 2009 from Lexus Of Norwich with my club discount and paid £13 all in, bargain!

Was just wondering though if anyone could tell me, are there any knacks, tricks or tips to replacing these? Or is it as simple as the wrestle the old ones off and reverse for the new ones?

Any help or guidance appreciated.

Thanks

The metal strips have a couple of little teeth on them at one end which engage with tiny slots in the rubber. You have to extract the rubber from them, then you can remove the metal strips and the rubber. Dead easy when you've worked it out but it does seem hard at first!

Ok, I don't think I'm stupid but can anyone help me here, went to try this today and I couldn't even see how the wiper blade comes off the arm, let alone try to replace the rubber. Also I could see the metal but which I'm assuming I have to re-use from the rubber.

Does anyone know if there's a video anywhere or something that might help?

If not i'll have to go to Lexus and ask them.

Thanks

To get the blade off the arm you swing open a sort of clamp which is just beyond where the arm meets the blade. Then you can turn the blade through nearly 90 deg and slide it off the hook at the end of the arm. It's the standard way that flat and hybrid blades fit on to hooked arms.

Here's how to get the blade off the arm. It's not absolutely exactly the same as the IS but close. It shows replacement before removal, but keep watching!

Still looking for a useful vid on the actual rubber replacement!

• Like 2

OK - this isn't too bad:

Not exactly the same as the Lexus. Blade removal from the arm is pretty much exactly the same as Lexus. Rubber replacement is a bit different - Lexus rubbers involve two little teeth at one end on the metal strips as I recall, but otherwise pretty much the same.

Do one blade at a time so you can check assembly on the complete one if you get confused!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links