Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Factory Bluetooth

celtictricky

Well after almost 6 months of driving with crap call quality and awful Bluetooth connectivity I am thinking about adding a external car kit.

The current factory fit is just awful, and the volume is never loud enough in the car, and from the poor person on the other end seems to suffer really badly. At first I thought it was just one caller, but everyone complains.

Have tried different phones no difference, so its obviously the main unit?

Anybody else experienced this?

Especially interested in UK responses in this instance?

Rich

I have no problems with BT at all. I had to turn down volume level a lot, it was way to loud. People here me loud and clear, at the beginning many were saying "Don't shout" - got used to it and do not raise my voice while on the phone. The only complain I have is the fact it does not allow to choose contacts from the connected phone using voice commands, it is only possible for few stored in the main unit. My old Nokia CK-200 could do it easily about 10 year ago or so, of course without transferring phone book.

with my iPhone I can voice call contacts with comparative ease

To do this you need to use your mobile, don't you? I can do that too. What can not be done is press the button on the steering wheel and voice call any contact you want without touching the phone at all. I miss that feature.

No issues here either. Once I set my voice commands for the frequently used contacts it works well. I am using a Samsung S4. Sound quality is fine both ways as well. Have you been back to your dealer or called Lexus CS?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links