Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220D Electrical Breakdown

Bartek

Good evening my friends,

I have an big issue with my 2006 IS220d, and from this reason I will write some questions. If anyone can give me some tips or advices, will be great.

So, I'm a seaman, and I'm currently on the boat near Trynidad. There was weak Battery in my Lexus, so my not well skilled cousin tryied to replace it for new one. I have no clue, what could happen, but few fuses were blown after that. So he has changed those ones, and after that:

-electric windows were not operateable-

-central locking system is out-

-and also ,,many lamps on dashboard are lighting''...

In the workshope, the Lexus mechanic said that the MAIN FUSE is blowed up, and they need to order a new one ( around 150 GBP). Also the fare for work is 200GBP.

It is a little suspected ( the main fuse), since the person who was talking with this mechanic was my (blond) wife:)

So according to above: Do someone has the wiring diagram of this car, and can send it to me on ziar@op.pl.

Secondly, do you have any experience with ,,MAIN FUSE'' in 220d?

Will be great to have some answers and advices from you.

All the best. Regards. Bartek

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

It sounds like your cousin has initially fitted the new Battery the wrong way around so positive and negative were reversed.

This obviously causes serious consequences to the cars electrical system but normally just blows fuses.

According to the information I have the "Main Fuse" on the 220d is rated at 30 Amps and is located in the engine bay fuse box, where the cost of £150.00 comes from I don't know but here in the UK it is priced around £10.00.

The fuse is not the normally plug in type so to replace it the fuse box has to be removed to gain access, the job should take no more than 30 minutes so labour of £200.00 is too much.

Looking at the picture below the fuse required is labelled number 10 and is shown at the top left of the picture under the words "Engine Room R/B No2".

I would expect to pay no more than £50.00 for both the fuse and fitting.

Lexus Part number for the fuse is 90982-08283

post-12144-0-51624300-1423128721_thumb.p

Good day,

First of all, thank you very much for your advice and interest. Your answer is very valuable for me.

I have other question. Do someone has an idea, if in the above case, will it be possible to start the car and drive (even with so many alarm lights on)?

My car can be started and driven, so I was thinking that maybe it is some PLC fault as well. Anyhow, thanks for your reply, the car will be removed from the Lexus workshop , and I will try to fix this issue somewhere else.

I know that everyone wants to suck as much money as possible from my pocket, but I hate feeling being cheated:)

One more time, THANK YOU guys. I will update this topic when I will know more.

Have a great day. Regards. Bartek

• 3 weeks later...

Hi my dear collegues,

Please, can somebody write to me how I can locate the main fuse? It is under the right (bigger) or left fusebox? One fuse was blown in left side fusebox, but it was more like the Type C and D fuse. Please advice. Regards

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links