Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dismantling The Tezza Dash

Ripper

Hi Guys,

I doing this post as the first of three. The ultimate aim is to show how to install an expander and how to manually clear a CD Jam from the 6 disc changer.

* The first (this one) will show how to dismantle the dashboard.

* The second will show how to install the expander

* The third will show how to dislodge CDs from the changer

I hope this helps.

Sorry about the links.... .I tried using the "img" tags but it won't allow me to post.

Here is the basic dashboard. My Car is a 2002 RS200 6sp man with Sat Nav so it may differ slightly for new or older cars.

'02 RS200 dashboard

First you need to lift the Sat Nav screen. You will see a notched plastic cover.

Remove the cover.

Sat Nav tray Lifted

This cover shields two screws which need to be removed before the Sat Nav tray can be removed.

(for those without Sat-Nav Trays I read in a post on IS300.Net that you should be able to pull out the top tray

with a firm yank...........Be careful!!!! :crying:)

Sat Nav tray Screws

After the screws are removed, lift the Sat-Nav tray. This will expose the two upper screws for the AC and head unit mount.

(Loosen the screws but wait until the lower two screws are removed before totally removing these)

San Nav tray lifted

Now you need to remove the panel housing the TRaction Control buttons. This is done with a firm pull.

Traction Control panel

This exposes the two lower screws. Remove them.

Lower Screws

Remove the Upper two screws and with care, lower the headunit assembly.

Detach Cables

Detach the cables for the AC and the Head Unit and Voila!!! :D :hehe:

Dismantled Dashboard

Stay tuned .... I'll have the rest up in a bit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links