Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

"should He Stay Or Should He Go Now"

.................. and back to Clarkson then ............. just run TopGear without him I guess .... might give a breath of fresh air with a totally new and inspiring, non-contentious commentator who isn't wanting to wind everybody up all the time................ and ***** off almost everybody he comes across.

There will be somebody out there who's rather more acceptable to the BBC and the viewing public alike ............. I read that the BBC now owns all 100% of Top Gear, having paid JC and his guys some £14mn for the privilege..............

It's just NOT JC's fiefdom any more.

Malc

I think Chris Evans would be great on Top Gear. Definitely a car enthusiast, although they would probably need to steer him away from Ferraris. He is very personable and also is very good at what he does

Clarkson has had his day,too much of the same stuff from him lately.

New Top Gear line up should be James May,Richard Hammond and Guy Martin B) get the bike side of things as well then,and Guy is a down to earth bloke in the same way as Fred Dibnah was :)

• Like 1

Chris Evans is a NO, Guy Martin I think would be great and very much on the Fred Dibnah side of things. Let's face it Fred made the subject of engineering and how Britain forged ahead in industrial times very cool - loved his accent! That footage of him standing at the base of a chimney that starts to come down and he runs like hell at the last moment, when he makes it to the camera he says 'doo ya like thaaat' priceless.

• Like 1

........ just read the news headlines ........... JC called him a lazy ....... Irish .......... and put him in A&E

no case to answer then !!!!

Malc

I couldn't see Guy Martin doing it as its 2 wheels that interest him and I couldn't see me watching TG with a motor cycle section as they hold no interest to me whatsoever. There are already several motor cycle programs on Sky and they don't pull the greatest in viewer numbers and ultimately its viewer numbers that dictate as to what we watch. Mike

I couldn't see Guy Martin doing it as its 2 wheels that interest him and I couldn't see me watching TG with a motor cycle section as they hold no interest to me whatsoever. There are already several motor cycle programs on Sky and they don't pull the greatest in viewer numbers and ultimately its viewer numbers that dictate as to what we watch. Mike

Mike, indeed guy is famous for bikes but he is a real petrol head as well,he owns a very interesting very quick Volvo amazon estate B) and many cars before.just dosent bloat about it

http://www.driving.co.uk/news/guy-martin-on-his-volvo-fastest-car-in-britain/

Aside whether Guy has a bike bias or not - he definitely has personality and you may go so far as to say he has 'character' that is what TG needs and I am sure he could carry it off.

• Like 1

Plus 1 for Guy, I'm a huge fan (and of Fred Dibnah) having started life as an engineering apprentice. Still think Chris Evans is more of a car fanatic. I also can't see Guy fitting in to the corporate world of the BBC as a regular. I read today that JC is a close friend of David Cameron's as part of the Chipping Norton set. So two bully boys together. Any sympathy I had has dissipated now. His tantrum was apparently over the catering arrangements and he got nasty with the bloke who had cocked it up. He's a big bloke but is probably as soft as s**t given the life he's had. Would have been more fitting if the bloke had floored him.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links