Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel Alignment

According to my dealer, there is too much wear on the inner side of all 4 tyres and they should be replaced, even though there is still 4-5 mm left elsewhere on average on all tyres. They also said I need my wheels aligned. Do you guys think it is necessary? Last time I had my wheels aligned by Lexus the before and after settings, as printed by them, were exactly the same! Waste of money. Apparently there is not much they can adjust anyways with the stock suspension, or that's what I've heard.

Would you guys replace the tyres even though they are well within the legal limits?

I'll try and take pics when I get a chance.

On my LS I was getting outside wearing on front NS tyre and had the full chassis wheel lazer alignment done at Wheels in Motion in Chesham and now no problems. They have been recommended on here a number of times. Mike.

Thanks for the advice. I'll be in touch with WIM.

These are pictures of my front tyres (they've done around 16,000 miles). Do you guys think there is uneven/excessive wear?

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0117_1.jpg

That looks as though it is definitely wearing on the inside. I expect to get around 30K from the fronts as those tyres have to carry alot of weight and slightly more from the rears I don't think garages do this as they do other things on a service but ask them to change the wheels around and you should then get maximum out of all your tyres. Mike

Front and rear are different sizes, so you can't swap those. The standard lexus wheels on most IS-F are also directional, to increase air flow to the brakes, so if you swap over the fronts then the vanes will be pointing the wrong way..

That looks as though it is definitely wearing on the inside. I expect to get around 30K from the fronts as those tyres have to carry alot of weight and slightly more from the rears I don't think garages do this as they do other things on a service but ask them to change the wheels around and you should then get maximum out of all your tyres. Mike

30K on IS-F tyres? I thought on average people used to get 20K out of them and that would be considered good for a car of this power. I don't do track days or drag races on the public road but at the same time all my mileage is town driving and a bit of A roads, which I think would punish the tyres a bit more. It would be interesting to know how much mileage other IS-F users get from their tyres.

Front and rear are different sizes, so you can't swap those. The standard lexus wheels on most IS-F are also directional, to increase air flow to the brakes, so if you swap over the fronts then the vanes will be pointing the wrong way..

Ah I was thinking of LS which is what I have got. Many apologies I shall hand myself in for a public flogging straight away. Mike.

30K on IS-F tyres? I thought on average people used to get 20K out of them and that would be considered good for a car of this power. I don't do track days or drag races on the public road but at the same time all my mileage is town driving and a bit of A roads, which I think would punish the tyres a bit more. It would be interesting to know how much mileage other IS-F users get from their tyres.

My fault I wrongly assumed we were talking about an LS400 which is what I have. Many apologies I shall hand myself in for a public flogging straight away. Mike.

I got 30k from my ISF tyres. They don't punish the tyres unlike the M3.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links