Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vsc & Trac & Abs Lights On

skeet94

OK Got the ball joints done, total cost of £200 with Balljoints and Labour.

Now that that's been sorted out, the VSC, TRAC (meaning Traction Control Off) & ABS Lights are constantly on, on the dash.

Just curious but why is this? I've been told the sensor wire might be broken.

I've tried resetting the ECU but to no success.

It's one thing after another and I'm getting fedup now :(.

Anyone? help?

That's the ABS sensor that's broken probably...good luck re-setting your ECU.

Even after you fix the ABS sensor, it could still be screwed (the ecu).

Let me know if it resets OK!

Colin: Thanks for the link, was wondering if there's another way of resetting the ECU. As from what I understand from Yoshi's post is that it might be a bit of a headache to clear the error after it's done.

Dangerous Brain: Yep it's most likely going to be the sensors, if you can't find a reasonable priced garage to do it, give me a shout.

Thanks for all your replies though, have ordered a new ABS Front NearSide Sensor.

Also is it just me, or is it more "fun" to drive the car without the VSC & TRC functioning. The car feels VERY light and feels like really "nimble" as opposed to a heavy yet very SAFE car when the VSC & TRC are working normally.

Cheers skeet chap. If its sensors then I am sure I can replace them myself if I can actually source them.

As for trac control limiting fun I'd have to say that the stock ones trac on a supe is almost dangerous with its all or nothing power cut. I don't think the traction control will be working on mine when it shows up which is no loss to me as I am gonna put rltc on when i have the cash

If the sensors light up while driving randomly, best check the earth for the ABS pump, reason - mine is doing this and when I had it checked out, the ECU Diag's showed this as the fault but there's alot of earths around the pump that any one of these can cause this, it's a time comsuming job and can work out to be expensive to fix.

OK...yesterday went to the hospital to have my Physiotherapy and on the way back I tried getting out of a road really quick...what happened? I sat there spinning away *sigh*...I think the trc does actually help in these situations, the good thing is it doesn't really give as huge of delay in response...it's almost instantaneous.

Got the Sensor put in today, reset the ECU, the lights still stayed on...then took it out for a really quick drive and performing a few emergency brakes ... the lights went away themselves :D I'm a very happy chappy now :D.

Dangerous Brain: The TRC is a good thing instead of not having any as I managed to find out lol...in poor weather it would definitely help with standing starts but can always turn it off...I was also looking at the RLTC...got any experience with them? How good is it? etc.

Oh yes I have a great deal of experience with RLTC. Its saved my bacon as many times as I care to think. It also makes my car so much more driveable in bad weather and atrocious road conditions. I find the stock TRC on the supra woefully slow and quite dangerous. My car if you switch the RLTC off in a dry carpark you can fully 180 the car from a standstill with full lock on before the TRC cuts the fuel, it then proceeds to keep the fuel cut for about 2-3 seconds not really ideal in my book. RLTC will just keep pushing you in a circle even with your foot planted to the floor back it off a couple of settings and the back will break out a bit and you'll get a bit of a power slide.

Dangerous Brain: Same sort of thing I read on www.supraforums.com where it helps ALOT with higher power Supra's...but knowing someone over here's had the same sorta positive experience is making me consider it too lol.

Although I do know that the TRC on the Aristo isn't AS BAD as the Supra one or the IS one...since it doesn't really cut fuel THAT badly...but it does tend to interfere in certain situations involving powerslides. I will definitely take the RLTC into consideration though...seems like it's definitely what'll be needed for higher power.

Did you have the launch control fitted too in the Supra?

• 1 month later...
OK Got the ball joints done, total cost of £200 with Balljoints and Labour.

Now that that's been sorted out, the VSC, TRAC (meaning Traction Control Off) & ABS Lights are constantly on, on the dash.

Just curious but why is this? I've been told the sensor wire might be broken.

I've tried resetting the ECU but to no success.

It's one thing after another and I'm getting fedup now :(.

Anyone? help?

the way to reset the sensors manually is to drive at approx 4mph for 100meters, then the sensors will self reset,

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links