Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Amp Removal

The model number on my amp was on the side facing the outside of the car.

I had a bit of difficulty removing it as well. The are 2 10mm nuts, one at the top and the other you have to remove the glovebox, its located at the bottom. The main loom at the back is tie wrapped to the amp, you'll have to unclip it, 2 ties, one at the top and one at the bottom, then it should be free to move around.

Couldn't figure out how to get it out from the dash though.

You should also remove the kick panel and you should be able to slide your hand up behind the dash.

If you remove the kick panel, theres a ten mm bolt at the bottom of the dash.

Remove that and then you've got a bit of play in the dash and you should be able to get the amp out once you undo the bolts holding it in.

Also i didn't remove the glove box, just squeezed both side to drop it right down.

Its not an easy job to get it out but definately posssible. I took mine out and used the gap to store my Digi-box hiddden out of the way.

ok gots the bolts out and enough room to wiggle the connector out. Still cant get the amp out.(too dark cant see properly!!) to see the amp part number so i know whether or not this cable will work for me! Tomorrow is another day. One thing i noticed, when i disconnect the connector from the amp, the HU doesnt work so, my power is coming through the amp to the HU? wish i knew some auto electricians!!

Hmm very strange about the head unit IRLRS200. If you look at them diagrams i sent you theres no reason for it.

Unless you've somehow blown the fuse as the power to both come from the same fuse?

Which fuse you on about stav? Headunit fuse, factory amp fuse or one of the driver/passenger side fuses? Ill go through them one by one tomorrow :crybaby:

Well the Headunit and Factory amp fuses are one and the same.

Theres one for the Permanent live (20A), and one for the ignition live (10A). These feed to both the Headunit and the amp

Did you get the diagrams i sent you yesterday?

Well the Headunit and Factory amp fuses are one and the same.

Theres one for the Permanent live (20A), and one for the ignition live (10A). These feed to both the Headunit and the amp

Did you get the diagrams i sent you yesterday?

Yep got them cheers. see those fuses, but where are they in the car? in the fuse box under the engine?

I am now also stuck tryin to get to the actural amp lol.. I got the 2 clips out for the glove box easy now can't get to the amp which I assume is the metal box on the left which looks like an amp lol ;)

shud I just undo everything? i am awful at pointing things back though :(

think i worked out what the kick pannel thing is that u guys talk about, will attempt to find the connectors now, will undo the ties, theres fuses & wires I never knew I even had down there lol

Edited by chrisis200

With just the 2 ten mm bolts removed u should be able to wiggle the connector out from the back of the amp, you can then connect the new wire on, u can leave the amp there, jsut secure it back into place so it doesnt rattle

• 7 months later...

I am stuck on this one i have been trying for the best part of two hours trying to get this cable out, all for the thanks because my socket and spanner set seem to have gone walkies, is there no other way of getting that cable out of that sodding amp i am going to leave the amp in there, i cant even make out where the cable is? is it at the top of the amp as you look at it or at the bottom. Please give some advice. getting frustrated and really dont want to hurt the lexus!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links