Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jae Strongman Truck Pull Competition

janey

Taken from the JAE forums, all in an excellent cause & would be great if we could get a team together :D

CLUB DELICA STRONGMAN TRUCK PULL

CLUB DELICA are organising a Strongman Truck Pulling competition for this years JAE and its all in aid of charity.

The idea is that contestants make a small donation to the charity to take part and pull a Mitsubishi Delica & Driver over a 25M distance, fastest time wins!

Claire & John at The Org are supplying a nice trophy for the winner and all money raised will go to Claires chosen charity (Claire has supplied a few words below).

As some of you will be aware Claires daughter Hannah has had a pretty rough time of it this year, so we thought it would be nice to do something to help a little. I’m sure all of you will help support as you are all aware of the great work Claire does and this could not have been easy to deal with as well as dealing with the amount of organisation JAE needs too. So would you please promote this event on your club sites, nominate some club strongmen and make sure you come and take part at this years show.

A few words from Claire

A heart warming thanks to the boy/gals of the Club Delica for organising a charity truck pull at this years JAE to raise money for The Children's Unit of The Royal Marsden Hospital, Surrey.

Let me explain in brief if I can...as to why. At the end of January, my 15 year old daughter Hannah was feeling poorly. It started, with what appeared to be an eye infection. You know what it's like having a 15 year old going on 25 year old young woman in the house. All the nagging of removing eye makeup just wasn't cutting the mustard with her...hehe. Anyway, the eye started to swell and got to a point where she looked like she had just come out of a boxing ring with Mike Tyson. A trip to the Dr and prescribed antibiotics later, still hadn't reduced the swelling. After a week of not seeing a sign of normality, I took H (as we affectionately call her) to the hospital. From there it was like a speeded up movie with bad dubbing.

In February, H was admitted for two weeks into hospital, numerous tests were done. An MRI scan was ordered and the results showed a tumour behind the eye. More test proved nothing wrong with the eye, but the Dr grew more concerned about the tumour...as did we! On the day of H's discharge from hospital we were given an appointment at The Royal Marsden, Surrey. Some of you may not recognise this hospital, but it's a cancer hospital and one that both my parents were treated at. My heart sank, but H didn't know the impact of this, until I told her. We had tears.......lots of them, anger.......lots of it.........but out of it all we had a united positive front. Whatever happened we were...ARE going to overcome this.

After more visits to numerous hospitals to see many consultants, MRI and CT Scans we were called to Moorfields Eye Hospital in London. Where we met the leading consultant, who chatted and laughed with Hannah and arranged a biopsy of her eye, beginning of March. My ex husband and I sat nervously waiting for our little H to come out of surgery. I must say at this point that H was very light hearted going into surgery with her pre-med....she sounded very drunk and afterwards coming round...well lets just say I recorded her for future prosperity....hehehe.

The operation was successful as the Dr managed to remove all traces of the tumour and H's sight was not affected. A very neat scar on the crease of her lid...you would never know that she had an operation. We then had to wait one week for the results....not a good time! Results showed that H has a rare condition. The tumour was diagnosed as Eosinophillic granuloma. Not a great deal is known about this condition and she has characteristics from the below link.

http://www.cancerbackup.org.uk/Cancertype/...llhistiocytocis

This is a disease that has no cure, she will need regular check ups throughout her life starting with an MRI scan every three months until further notice. I always said she was one in a million, now I know she is exactly four in a million with this condition. It's heart breaking to know that at anytime my H could develop another tumour and instead of having an operation, be treated with chemo or radiotherapy. We all want our children to be happy, healthy and be successful. This has brought all this home to me, especially after our trips to the Children's Unit of The Royal Marsden. I remember sitting there whilst H was having bloods taken. There were children sitting round us pale, almost jaundice looking, bald hooked up to IV's.........but smiling and playing. I sat there and fought real hard not to cry, but failed. One of the little lads looked at me and asked if I was alright?? I couldn't speak, for fear of making a complete arse of myself and frightening him with my outburst of tears. H put her hand on my arm and said, "mum, what will be, will be" from that moment it has given me strength, hope and acceptance. My Hannah has remained very calm, strong and taken it all in her stride. I wish I were more like her.........I've been a nervous wreck since. One thing to remember though............if you think you're having a bad day, go visit the children in the unit and then say again how bad your day was.

My thoughts for any raised monies would be to the children's unit at The Royal Marsden. The building looks sad, tired and warn out. The wards and waiting rooms could do with a lick of paint. The children's play area could do with some brand new toys. It's sad enough to see a poor little one go through all that and then have to play with broken toys. It broke my heart and I didn't want there little spirits to be broken.

Love and hugs to Club Delica

Claire

X

Come on guys let’s raise as much as we can!

Cheers!

Chamonixstu

Club Delica Management

EVENT DESCRIPTION

The idea of the event is to test the strength of individuals and teams to find the strongest at JAE 2007 and to raise as much money for charity as we possibly can. If you are interested in taking part all we ask is for a donation to the charity and a good deal of strength on your part to try and shift nearly 2 ½ tonnes of top quality Japanese engineering!

THE EVENTS

The events will be held over two sessions one on Saturday morning (Time TBA) for The JAE Individual Strongman 2007.

The second event will be held on Saturday afternoon (Time TBA) for The JAE Strongman Team 2007.

EVENT INSTRUCTIONS & RULES

1. Each individual or team will be required to make a donation to charity before pulling a Mitsubishi Delica over a straight, flat course of approximately 25 Meters.

2. The course will be marked with a start line and finish line and the Delica will be positioned on the start line so that the centre of the front wheel is exactly on the line.

3. The Delica will have the engine running to assist the power steering if needed and will also carry a driver.

4. The Starting Judge will indicate the start of the pull by shouting ‘PULL’ and the Timing Judge will begin to record the time.

5. Time will be recorded by the Timing Judge and will cease once the front wheels of the Delica have fully cleared the finish line or a full 3 minutes of pulling time has elapsed, whichever is first.

6. In the event that an individual or team do not clear the finish line within the 3 minute pulling time, the distance travelled from the start line will be measured and used to assist in identifying a winner if the finish line remains uncrossed at the end of the session.

8. Teams will be a maximum of 4 people. However, teams of 2 or 3 people will also be allowed to take part but no compensation for fewer team members will be made.

7. Individual Strongmen can choose to pull the Delica using a harness and rope attached to vehicle or simply using the tow rope alone.

9. Teams will be allowed to pull the Delica using a combination of both harness and/or 1or 2 ropes.

10. Teams will not be allowed to PUSH because then you won’t be PULLING!

11. The fastest time posted by an individual or team in each session will be deemed the winner unless the finish line remains uncrossed then Rule 6 will apply. In the event of an exact time tie between individuals or teams, another pull will be held between the tied individuals/teams to decide a winner.

12. Participation in this event is entirely at your own risk and THE ORGANISATION (JAE) or CLUB DELICA accept no responsibility for loss, damage or personal injury incurred while taking part.

The actual location on the showground and the exact times for this event will not be decided until nearer the show dates so please remember to come and find us and listen out for the times on JAE FM and in the official JAE programme.

Team/Individual Pullers:

Aido

Johnboy1

Rolex

Rikos

Wow - I don't know what to say after reading that - apart from put me down for a go, might not be the strongest but I've got a lot of weight to help pull it along!

All the best to them, and hope things will work out ok, it's horrible not knowing when something like that might come back but it sounds like she's a really strong girl!

What are we doing regards the donation?

Wow - I don't know what to say after reading that - apart from put me down for a go, might not be the strongest but I've got a lot of weight to help pull it along!

All the best to them, and hope things will work out ok, it's horrible not knowing when something like that might come back but it sounds like she's a really strong girl!

What are we doing regards the donation?

There are indiviual pulls as well as team pulls so if you fancy having a go with all of us cheering you on you can :winky:

As such it will be in a set up area and teams will register & give their donation at the same time, and I'm sure any other donations from spectators etc will be gratefully received too.

The wonderful thing is that Hannah (Claires daughter) will be there to hand over the trophy to the winners, which I think will make it even more personal for everyone.

Def a good cause, put me down too, please janey, maybe we could get a team together ?

You're now added John, thanks to you & Aido for the superb support :D

A team would be great if we could....Paul & Gord's names spring to mind :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links