Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It's Good To Be Back...

After two weeks in this...

DSC00973.jpg

...I'm back in the Lex.

08052008359-002.jpg

Don't get me wrong, the Vitara makes me laugh like no other car i've owned...off the road. On the road I can only compare it's handling to a boat. (Apparently the 275/60 tyres don't help either!) Always nice to have a convertable when the sun is shining thou.

But I have now replaced my radiator and freed up a seized ignition. For weeks before the rad went I was having boost problems and as soon as I sorted that out (new black box, cheers Stav) the rad went. So for the first time in months, I'm running full boost and full cooling, and it's GOOD!

Anyone needing a Radiator, I picked mine up for £130 and fitted myself. It was pretty easy. All you have to do is remove the undertray, it does help to have the front of the car raised but not needed (I did as the coilovers have it a bit lower than standard anyway!) Disconnect all hoses (after draining rad) and connecters (fan, temp sensor). Then simply unbolt and remove with fan assembly, then remove fans from rad. Installation is reverse of removal. All very easy. Tools needed are: 10mm socket, pliers (or grips)...that's it! (Axle stands should be used if raising the front - it's a health and safety thing!) If you understand what the radiator does, and have a small amount of common sense, u'll figure it out!

Couple of pics...

DSC00980.jpg

Replaced overflow pipe (used fuel line of same internal diameter) but slightly longer and re-routed around the coolant filler cap to allow better clearance. My supercharger ate throu the last one!

DSC00979.jpg

Treaded her to an uprated (1.3) TRD rad cap while I was at it. (Sorry about the blur.)

DSC00978.jpg

New radiator fitted. I plan to soon treat the engine bay to a bit more silicone, a grounding kit and a proper clean.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links