Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tracking ... Done But Some Help?

KentIS300

Hello guys,

I have replaced the front lower arm 1 and 2 bushes and the tracking was all over the place... the steering had to be turned to go straight ... bizzare but that was the outcome.

I have just come back from having the tracking done.

See attached pic for the values and tell me what you think?

According to the tyre place that was the best they can do...

By the way a 2002 year Lexus IS300 Saloon and Lexus IS300 SportCross do they have the same settings?

Cheers

Vasilis.

post-39619-0-23777100-1326545119.jpg

...See attached pic for the values and tell me what you think?

According to the tyre place that was the best they can do...

The difference you got in Caster (left to right) corresponds to one of the ball joints being ~ 50 mm off. :msn-oh:

I'd say you f..ked up badly, when you replaced the bushes.

I did not replace the bushes my self the garage did ...

so what could they have done wrong to mess up with that?

and how can I prove it is them ??? :(

From what hey told me I understand there were things seized ... but they were only meant to touch the Lower Arm 1 and Lower Arm 2 to replace the bushes ...

that will explain the fact the car feels more bouncy and ... a bit weird on the road :-S

P.S. I understand correctly you mean the upper arm ball joint ... not the lower?

OK here is an update ... I took the car today at a garage that a friend of mine has and put it on the ramps...

Shaked, pushed, turned and pressed everything underneith, there is no play no gaps and nothing loose!!! icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif

I called the garage that installed the bushes and I will take the car back to them to check on it.

They mentioned incase the car had a "touch" with a kurb before my ownership ... and had something bend?

The car was riding better with worn bushes than with them replaced ... it is too bumpy on a "medium to rough" B road

OK guys I think I have found the cause of the problem ... although the garage insisted they have installed the bushes the right way around .... I am almost sure they have installed the bushes on the Lower Arm No1 back front ...can you confirm this is the case as well?

On the diagram it shows clearly the support bush goes on the back of the arm (looking the car from the front) however they installed it on the front ...

This to fit properly... I can only assume they have fitted the bush back front ... in order for this to fit this way...

If the bush is fit the otherway around ... it pushes the support arm no2 a few mm's back hence pusing the wheel caster out of factory recommended settings.

Am I right?

See attached pics...

Pics are from the driver side of the car, while the diagram is from the passenger side of the car...

Once tomorrow day light comes up will check the passenger side and see if it is the same scenario...

IMG_20120110_135357.jpg

IMG_20120110_135731.jpg

IMG_4070.jpg

IMG_4069.jpg

IMG_4068.jpg

IMG_4066.jpg

LexusIS300image3asppiid17200tregE.jpg

OK here is the verdict ... I have gonne to the Local Lexus/Toyota in Canterbury and I must admit they were very helpful.

They did mention that they do not change the bushes only as they are not Lexus Parts, the only change it as a whole arm.

But from what it seems on their system diagrams the Lower Arm 2 bushes are installed back to front as it shows about on the diagram 480809-C which is the same with the Toyota/Lexus one.

I contacted the garage which did the installation and they will have the car in to install the bushes the "right" way in this Friday...

One more tracking and that should solve my issues hopefully.

The Lexus Tech guy mentioned as a piece of advice to inflate the front tyres a bit more than 33PSI ie inflate them to 35PSI that will help to the natural tendancy of the IS's wear the tyres from the inside.

Final update ... in case anyone comes to the same problem...

The car is now fixed and drives like on rails ... really pleased with it.

I have taken it back to the garage and they removed everything and reinstalled them ... the bushes were not the wrong way around ... (the diagram is universal for both sides of the car)

They have loosen up the front subframe and ... twicked it bit ... this has brought the caster spot on!

Took it back to STS where they have done the tracking once more all around ... and everything is now green, caster/camber and toe.

The rear camber needs adjustment ... but the bolt needs to be unseized ... something to do in the near future.

The toe in/out is identical on all around and not 1 degree different.

The car is surefooted now.

:) :) :)

post-39619-0-39532100-1327175367.jpg

Hi, sorry for the late reply! Just read thru your thread and glad to hear that you've got everything sorted out now :)

What bushes did you used in the end? Were they TRD ones?

Yeap the TRD ones and the car now feels planted on the road. A different car to drive :) :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anyone assist with the following:

1]I have stored my IS200 for a few months and the steering now appears sticky[ similar to tramlining].

2]Are ''blackboots .com'' the same company as the '' WIM''mentioned in previous comments.

3]What do members think about the following extract from Honest John's review of the IS 200:

3-2-2011:

Seem to suffer from severe tyre wear because soft bushes in the front suspension deteriorate and while the alignment may read okay static, once the car is on the road the front tyres toe out excessively and wear their inner edges. Happens with standard 215/45 R17s. Worse with bigger, lower profile aftermarket wheel and tyre combinations.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links