Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Smoking Is200

lexus247

hope i can get some help here i drove my is 200 today has not been run properly for about 3 weeks and there is heavy white smoke on tick over and very heavy

when driven anybody any ideas the only thing i have done in the last 3 weeks is change the autobox fluid thats it many thanks hope someone can help still drives fine and sounds fine but smokes more that 40 a day

The IS does smoke a lot mate especially after being stood for a while and in cold weather. As long as the smoke is white your ok :)

I put mine in for the MOT on a cold morning, it was bellowing white smoke out of the back but passed the emissions test no problem!

If there was something wrong with one of your CAT's or exhaust system then normally this would be picked up by a sensor and send your engine managment light on or so I've been LED to believe.

Search this forum for white smoke IS200 and you'll see that a lot of people have been worried about this the same as you but it turned out to be normal :)

Its condensation not helped by the stainless exhaust, my impreza is the same and there is concern on those forums about the exact same issue once, I filled the road completely with dense white smoke on a particularly cold snowy day very embarrassing but perfectly normal....... if its fully up to temp still smoking and your losing either coolant and or oil then is the time to worry about it.

My lexus seems to billow smoke sitting in traffic and its noticable in my mirrors, once under way it clears to nothing.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links