Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls 430. 80Amp Fan Fuse - In Fusebox By The Battery

Guys, is this fuse for the rad fans? If not, which fan it is for?

And, how the hell do you get the big fuses out?? :)

Thxs.

Off topic: brimmed at Santander, and again in Badajoz. Would you believe only 57 litres used? That's over 30mpg!

The 80A fuse is normally the alternator fuse, fans don't need such a high current fuse. This type of fuse is a bolt in type it cannot simply be pulled out of the socket like the smaller ones. Normally to access it the fuse box needs to be removed to gain access to the connections to the fuse from underneath.

I have an owner's manual for my 1994 LS400 which does list all the fuse functions and another that doesn't, may be worth checking yours otherwise it's going to have to be the service manual, should be available in PDF from the likes of eBay.

Thxs Steve. I found some 430 pdfs online. No mention of that fuse. Odd when I have a gaping hole for one on the model that has all the bells and whistles.

May I ask if other 430 owners have a hole where an 80amp rad fuse is supposed to lurk?

The later models of the 400 did not have the electric condenser fan (which is not the radiator fan) at the front of the car.

The original Mark 1 had one fan and the overseas versions had two ,But our northern hemisphere climate never taxed the A/C system so Lexus stopped putting it on later UK models, as for the LS 430 ,I can't say if they continued this policy.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links