Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ECU Reset & BG44

Harpreet

Hello all

Please can you advise how to reset the ECU on IS250 Auto? its 57 plate.

Also would like to know if someone has used BG44 on IS250 before. I suspect a carbon build-up issue.

Regards

Harpreet

I've read that some folks have disconnected the Battery for an hour or so to do this. You'll lose radio station settings and need to resync your windows afterwards.

I have used a tin of BG44K. Put one through when i got the car and plan to another after 20,000 miles. I think its good stuff ... but that's just my opinion. You pour the whole tin into a nearly empty fuel tank and put 50 litres of fuel on top and drive around as normal.

There are some guides at the front of the Forum in the 'How To' section, here

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?app=tutorials

But it doesn't seem to be accessible at present. Maybe a problem after the site upgrade.

I had used the BG44 for quite a few months when I experienced the car "shivering" which I found out was a symptom of carbon build up.

I can only report on the use of it on my car and I definitely had good results while using it. So far it has not returned so that's my reasoning why I think it has helped (probably not cleared it totally but helped a lot) I have on occasion since using the BG44 added some Redex into the fuel, maybe two bottles within two years.

I would use a few cans over a few months as I don't think one "dose" will clear it.  What symptoms are you experiencing?

The car was hesitating to accelerate but after reading other posts, I believe it was due to blowing exhaust. since it got repaired this week, the car is performing much better. no erratic idling etc. and good acceleration. BG44 was more like a thought as the car has 78k on the clock.

I will perform ECU reset over weekend as exaust has been replaced now. Please can someone advise how to sync the windows after reset and any potential problem reset can cause?

thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links