Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlight Bulbs - Main Beam

HI Guys,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Bogged down by work.

So I had my friend who is driving a Lexus as well dropped by yesterday evening. Very nice chap who explained to the following:-

The first turn of the switch brough on the Main Beam in which the bulbs are working fine (Picture 1 at the top)

The second turn of the switch brought on the Low or Dipped Beam in which one bulb (driver side is working) and the passenger side is not working (Pic 2)

Pulling the switch down made the high beams (that I use to flash at the drivers) come up and those bulbs are working fine too.

Perhaps the terminology used is different but I am sure Lexus models work the same way right?

2 hours ago, normski2 said:

Where abouts are you located? I'm near Bournemouth on the south coast.

If you're near me at all ....... get your bulbs ....... and I'll put them in for you, and give you a walk-thru on how to do it for future reference.

Mate, I am located in Northwest London.:-) Pretty much very far away from you. But I really appreciate your offer to help.Very kind indeed. :-)

But I am sure I will drop by to pay a visit if I am coming to Bournemouth. :-)

Aah that's some distance.

It would be a good move to put some info in your profile settings...car type, year, your location etc. Always useful to others looking to help or offer pointers.

Well... There are quite a few N London chaps on here with 250's. C'mon chaps help a fellow owner out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, normski2 said:

Well... There are quite a few N London chaps on here with 250's. C'mon chaps help a fellow owner out.

Well, since I was the friend that visited him last night, I think the forum is doing well helping out so far. :smile: Good guy to hang out with (we spent about 2 hours in a parking garage :smile:).

Sath, you almost got it right :smile:  Your descriptions are accurate, except it is the first turn of the switch that is the dipped beam and the second is the main beam.

It turns out that it is the small dipped beam bulb that is blown.  If he had the replacement handy, I would have had a go at changing it.

It is a nice, clean car with only a few minor blemishes.

Although one thing did come up; could one of you IS250 owners tell me how high your car idles when cold?  Sath's was perhaps a little on the high side.  Although it ran perfectly smoothly and silently otherwise. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Although one thing did come up; could one of you IS250 owners tell me how high your car idles when cold?  Sath's was perhaps a little on the high side.  Although it ran perfectly smoothly and silently otherwise. 

Car outside all night...temp was 5° at start up.

Initial burst at about1700rpm for about 12 seconds....then dropped to 1500rpm ...after another 10 secs dropped to 1100rpm

• Like 1

4 hours ago, juicestop said:

From a cold start the car idles at 1.5k rpm.

Hi Mate,

It was idling at cold start at 1.5k rpm, thewn slowly went down to 1.1rpm...I went for a drive yesterday and it came down to 0.6 or 0.7 after warming up.

@Normski2: Seems to be matching up with mine. Cool.

8 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Well, since I was the friend that visited him last night, I think the forum is doing well helping out so far. :smile: Good guy to hang out with (we spent about 2 hours in a parking garage :smile:).

Sath, you almost got it right :smile:  Your descriptions are accurate, except it is the first turn of the switch that is the dipped beam and the second is the main beam.

It turns out that it is the small dipped beam bulb that is blown.  If he had the replacement handy, I would have had a go at changing it.

It is a nice, clean car with only a few minor blemishes.

Ahh right...Sorry for getting that wrong and guys, apologies for misleading you all. Just getting to know my car and a special thanks to Shaphor for coming down and explaining things in a crisp and clear manner. Owe you one,mate.

On the idling part, we saw it at 1.5k RPM on initial start and came down to 1.1k a while later. After driving the car yesterday, it did come down to 0.6 or 0.7 mark.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links