• 1000's of Lexus For Sale
      1000's of Lexus For Sale
    • Save Up To 15% On Your Lexus Insurance!
      Save Up To 15% On Your Lexus Insurance!
    • Massive Choice on Lexus Parts
      Massive Choice on Lexus Parts
    • Join Gold & Save!
      Join Gold & Save!
    • Get Your Club Gear
      Get Your Club Gear

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

jonthetourist

Trim Creak

5 posts in this topic

So as we know, riding in an LS is a blissfully quiet experience, insulated from the outside world.

Sadly that means a bit of occasional creaking from the dash trim becomes more noticeable than in any other car. Diagnosis is difficult, but as far as I can tell it is coming from the general area of the cd player / central console.

Has anyone suffered from the same, and ideally remedied the issue?

Thanks in advance

Jon

Jon

Traditional remedies include silicon spray, glue or talcum powder. I suspect on the affected area and not to your good-self.

You may need a helper listening out whilst you take care of the road.

I had a tiny creak around that area after fixing the multi fuction display unit, - I just gave it a bit of a push... - it was intermittent.. and the creak just disappeared on it's own in a short time.

My biggest noise now is my keys rattling against each other.  Such hardship.

1 person likes this

I have a creak/rattle coming from the glovebox/CD autochanger area.  It's very annoying, and you don't expect it after only 19 years...

Reminds me, I had an annoying little rattle which never happened with a passenger, - it sounded it like it was coming from the passenger seat.. I tried adjusting the passenger seat to no avail.  Took me a few weeks to work out that it was the box you click the passenger seat belt into.... by simply rotating it slightly the rattling stopped!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ScousePaul
      I noticed that my A/C on the 430 wasn't blowing cold recently when we had that warm spell. The A/C was regassed just a couple of months ago by Lexus when I had it serviced - not sure if they test functionality at that time or not. 
      Was going to get them to have a look, but then had a weird experience today where the A/C selection was just greyed out on the LCD screen. Couldn't enable or disable it and the temperature controls didn't function. After a short while though they sprung back into life. Still no cold air, but certainly something odd going on. Anyone come across anything similar? Suggestions for what to check before I get it looked at?
    • By Normski
      So really want to scratch the itch that is to own a LS. Something that has been bugging me ever since I was a lad and saw the LS400 for the first time 
      However, didn't want to spend more than 5k. Essentially trying reduce my exposure in case the dream turns into a nightmare!
      So...anyone have a buying guide/tips for the LS430 please? Just to clarify, the main reason I'm looking at the 430 (and not the 400) is because I need ISOFIX points for the kiddies seats...still need to keep things a little practical :)
      Cheers guys. Any help is much appreciated.
    • By cakehead93
      Hi everyone, if one of you could point out the location of the coolant temperature sender which sends the signal to the temp gauge next to the speedo as it says the car isn't up to temperature after a even a motorway run, its also not allowing the car to change up to 6th gear as again the car thinks its not up to temperature. id be very appreciated if one of you could help me as google wont help me and  is constantly showing me results of the LS400.
      Cheers,
      Rob
    • By skyway
      Happy New year guys I hope no one is suffering to badly after last nights celebrations. 
      It being the new year I have a job to do that I have been putting off for a while and after she has served me so well last year taking me on a 8 week tour of Europe.
      The old girl needs a sill repaired as it was crushed by someone before me... although I did make it worse one day when I needed to get to my brakes.
      It is now so bad I cant jack her up using the sill (and there is a puncture in that tyre nearest), I will throw a few photos up when It stops raining.
      Has anyone had this problem I have googled it and cant find an answer.
      Many thanks 

• By GB93
      Hi All!
      I am a recent proud owner for a 2003(53) plate Lexus LS430. I picked this car up fairly cheap after reading they were reliable and they seem very powerful and comfortable! Anyways there was just one small issue with the car when I got it, the SatNav doesn't work. It throws up the 'Please insert correct map disk' error. Now after some forum scouting and general Googling I found a guide on how to remove the SatNav disk and clean/check it. However it turns out there is no map disk in there at all! Further Googling got me to the Lexus site where you buy the Nav disks from and heres where I encountered the issue at hand. The site asks me to first of all select my current Navigation system, then enter my current part number. As I have no part I can't enter the number and also can't see what generation my system is, so I have no idea what to enter here.
      Any help would be vastly appreciated!
      The car is a late 2003(53) Facelift LS430.
      Cheers
      George