Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 - Diary

koshime

Going back to the old lady- hahaah you took a picture! sorry i thought that was quite funny.

Lucky no Fractured NOF then eh? Would have made things more interesting wouldn't it!

Hope you are well mate, long time no see! Lets do coffee/dinner sometime soon as I am free!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>chinny: To make your black gleam, you have to be ready to polish and wax. Just waxing is not enough...one throughly prepared, yoru paintwork with polish, pre wax and wax will look sublime for 12-15 months....three good waxes woudl be Swissol, zymol or Zaino. (I like the swissol/zymol verison as they smell nice...lol)

What's swissol, zymol or zaino? I have only seen the usual turtle wax or mothers or Meguiars in stores here in new zealand. Did the valet guys put on the wax for you or did you do it yourself? if you did it, how long did it take? and how do you find time, making the 250 looks so good and save old ladies from strife too!

Anyone has problem with dust getting around the rim of the exterior lock button on the handles? Only 4 days with the car, washed it once and already it has turned into dust magnet.

Try this web site. They are in Queensland so should deliver to NZ.

http://www.waxit.com.au/brandDetail.asp?br...font>Swissol

Thanks Tony, just got this info from my Lexus dealer, he said just to wash it and don;t bother with waxes, new lexus paint has much better coating (true or is he just trying to stop me from bugging him on christmas eve! :D )

Koshime's black lexus shine is really , really slick. Guess waxing it is then.

The new lexus paint is better but unless it is Nissan X trail paint which conforms back to its normal shape and repels stone chips, every lexus car or any car for that matter loses its showroom shine at some point. Now your lexus dealer would have given a cursory wax/polish to make it look gleaming when you first came to pick it up. The moment you leave..it becomes a dust magnet...

When you use any commercial wax/wash product. Multiple thin applications (2-3) are essential. You can then maintain the wax every few months or so. And a basic gentle car wash shoudl allow it to be as good as its waxed condition but it depends on what you use.

A good website is Autopia. They ship internationall adn are very very fast! They're even faster than the local UK delivery mail services!

Plus they have hav ea good section on car detailing.

Mind you. Once you start. You might not stop. If you are ready to go down the dark path of car detailing (its a must for dark cars!) then here is the link

I wash the car every friday if i can, and a thin wax once a month of if an area loses its gleam. A proper thin application of good wax lasts 2-3 years!

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/

zymol australia (nearest near you)

http://www.zdoau.com/

Swissol NZ

http://www.zdoau.com/

zymol and swissol are similar products (and ahve a legal bi-yatch fight atm - but for us on the cusotmer end. they are both good wax products)

Have fun!

Met Parthiban this evening, adn we took the 250 for a spin.

Down a narrow stretch of country road, there were roadworks.

Almost was roadkilled by an on coming car who clearly coudl see us stopped up hill and yet was accelerating only to squeal 3-4 feet away from US.

Life flashing before our eyes......

Anyways...came out alright.

Oh yeah, curbed my rear alloy a bit as well. now only the right side left to kerb. Bring it on!!! :)

Hmmm, advanced driving tuition is great. Do you think the small astra vectra woudl see the car more if it had 8k HIDs? We were like half a mile, stopped at the roadworks as he sped up the countryroad to us with two other cars behind us.

maybe if its a SC430...hehe(the new upcoming one that is...) waht ya doign over the christmas period?

Mate I'm totally free so give me a call and lets do coffee/drinks! I have ENT rotation soon at Northwick Park so I'm gona contract diarrhoea and go to toronto for 5 days early January, tickets/hotel already booked!

What about you?

Met Parthiban this evening, adn we took the 250 for a spin.

Down a narrow stretch of country road, there were roadworks.

Almost was roadkilled by an on coming car who clearly coudl see us stopped up hill and yet was accelerating only to squeal 3-4 feet away from US.

Life flashing before our eyes......

Anyways...came out alright.

Oh yeah, curbed my rear alloy a bit as well. now only the right side left to kerb. Bring it on!!! :)

Thanks again for coming round yesterday, very nice motor you got there! :winky:

Still can't believe that guy, what an absolute :tsktsk: . Can still see him squealing towards us in his useless clio or whatever it was - wanted to see the IS250 but glad I didn't get to see what the airbags look like! :hehe:

Well - it finally snowed last night and this morning. But I could not find energy to take photos. Anyways, now that the sun is up and soft powder everywher. Am glad to report no loss of grip or spin with the automatic on the black iced roads

IMG_4329.jpg

IMG_4323.jpg

Angles i love to polish/wash

IMG_4318.jpg

IMG_4319.jpgIMG_4320.jpg

OK after a few weeks of hassle I finally picked up my new IS250 SE-L Auto with Multimedia in Argento Ice last night from Lexus Leicester.

Pre-delivery:

I've had a few hassles surrounding the delivery time, car availability and the dealer wanting me to take the car in December rather than January. We had a few tense negotiations to make my taking the car in December worth both our whiles, and they made up with it in terms of offering me a few token gestures (cufflinks, umbrella, wallet and a first free service). Part of me thinks that I might be a little demanding but I'm the customer right? Overall I'm generally happy, but if this was a report card I would be saying, could do better.

Arrival at showroom:

Pulled into the showroom in my old IS and I could see my new car waiting in the handover bay bathed in beautiful soft light. The car looked magnificent. I mean absolutely stunning.

I was kept waiting a few minutes after announcing who I was but then the Dealer Principle came over thanked me for my custom, apologised for any problems that I might have had with the order and then started to say what the cause of some of the problems might have been and then gave me a cheque to cover any inconveniece. At this point I am more than happy!

Paperwork:

I had a few bits of paper to sign, selling my car to the dealer, sorting out the log book etc. This is the bit that I hate because I just wanted to get to the car. By the way if anyone does buy my old car you will be one lucky guy, it is in mint condition and looks pretty new inside ah well, she is gone now...

Introduction to the car:

I was then LED to the car and given a thorough tour of the features but I wasn't paying much attention but I was being blindind by how beautiful the car was. The handover took about 40 minutes then the Dealer Principle came back in to say another thanks and hoped the car gave me many years of pleasure. Then the doors to the bay were opened and then I was able to start her up and drive off...

I must say that these handover bays are great because it was raining very heavily when I was ready to leave.

First impressions:

The car had done 6 miles when I pulled out the dealership and I was fiddling with buttons etc so my partner told me to drive to a Supermarket and have a play and then drive home before I crash the car, which I did. Set the Sat Nav up to take us home, paired my phone to the car and added some stations to the audio system, played with the parking sensors.

Then set off home and the Sat Nav was brilliant much better than my old SmartNav system mainly because that system did not have a screen.

Two things I was concerned about - wind noise and the rattle that has been reported on here. Glad to announce that no rattle is present and wind noise is minimal but I haven't taken her above 50 miles per hour or on a motorway yet.

Summary:

What do I like: Sat Nav, parking camera, stereo - so loud, the other half could hear it in the house! Sat Nav, car colour, it is so silent, quality of the interior oh and did I mention the Sat Nav? Basically everything about the car I love!

What don't I like: If I have one niggle it is that my left leg presses against the transmission tunnel but that is only a minor thing and I will have to see how it progresses over time.

Took the car out for a spin later in the evening and stopped off at the bank to pay in my cheque, a group of guys walked past and couldn't stop staring "Nice car" one of them says. "I know," I smiled back...

Good to hear youhad a similar decent/great first experience of recieving the beauty in the handover room. That was the same feeling I had when i first laid my eyes on it. I was quite sad to hadover the old IS200 up to that point.

I remember spending abotu 40 mins fiddling with the satnav outside the dealership. hahah. So far, no wind noise or rattle. Depending on the height of the seat and recline, your Left leg rests differntly on the transmission tunnel. Since I dont actaulyl use my left leg anymore due to it being an auto...it wasnt too much of a problem i thought

DAY ONE

And today I have been to.... absolutely nowhere, mainly because I've had a lot to do in the house. Did spend some time programming stations into the Audio system and testing the phone system. I have a Nokia 6230 and it connects seamlessly every time but I wish I could transfer the entire phonebook in one go. And for some reason it had trouble transferring more than one number from a name.

Lost patience with it in the end (and partner lost patience with me as I kept ringing the house to test the Handsfree system!). I decided that I would just add a few numbers into speed dialling as you can only use these while the car is in motion anyway. I'm considering changing mobile phones to one that allows the entire phonebook to be transferred. Koshime mentioned that you can dial the number on the phone and the system will pick this up but I need to try this out. I do know that it is easy to transfer the call from the hands free system to the mobile phone.

For Christmas my Dad bought me a cable to connect my iPod to the Aux and an iPod car charger. I connected both but while the audio cable works great the charger is too big so that the armrest cannot be slid back into place, ah well. I will leave it in the glove compartment for now, might see if there is a smaller one or will just use it with the cigarette lighter. The iPod, however, sounds fantastic!

I also had a play with the Voice control. When I have had demo cars for some reason I had to repeat myself a number of times to make it do what I wanted. But so far no problems understanding my northern brogue yet. I love just saying, "Destination home" and the car doing the rest!

I also managed to add some POI into the memory of the Sat Nav which was quite straight forward. Had a play and found out that I am over 600 miles from John O'Groats!

The other halfs Dad came round to look at the car in the afternoon and was blown away with the amount of technology, "A camera in a car, what will they think of next!"

I took the manual to bed with me last night but boy is it dull! And long. I mean there is a quick guide, an owners manual and then a manual for the Sat Nav, which is 300 plus pages! Information overload...

I will add some pics but I took some on the night I picked it up and they ain't so good. Will try to do some tomorrow, I want to capture it while it still looks new.

Total mileage: 34 :driving:

Enjoyment: 10/10

DAY ONE

And today I have been to.... absolutely nowhere, mainly because I've had a lot to do in the house.  Did spend some time programming stations into the Audio system and testing the phone system.  I have a Nokia 6230 and it connects seamlessly every time but I wish I could transfer the entire phonebook in one go.  And for some reason it had trouble transferring more than one number from a name. 

Lost patience with it in the end (and partner lost patience with me as I kept ringing the house to test the Handsfree system!).  I decided that I would just add a few numbers into speed dialling as you can only use these while the car is in motion anyway.  I'm considering changing mobile phones to one that allows the entire phonebook to be transferred.  Koshime mentioned that you can dial the number on the phone and the system will pick this up but I need to try this out.  I do know that it is easy to transfer the call from the hands free system to the mobile phone.

For Christmas my Dad bought me a cable to connect my iPod to the Aux and an iPod car charger.  I connected both but while the audio cable works great the charger is too big so that the armrest cannot be slid back into place, ah well.  I will leave it in the glove compartment for now, might see if there is a smaller one or will just use it with the cigarette lighter.  The iPod, however, sounds fantastic!

I also had a play with the Voice control.  When I have had demo cars for some reason I had to repeat myself a number of times to make it do what I wanted.  But so far no problems understanding my northern brogue yet.  I love just saying, "Destination home" and the car doing the rest!

I also managed to add some POI into the memory of the Sat Nav which was quite straight forward.  Had a play and found out that I am over 600 miles from John O'Groats!

The other halfs Dad came round to look at the car in the afternoon and was blown away with the amount of technology, "A camera in a car, what will they think of next!"

I took the manual to bed with me last night but boy is it dull!  And long.  I mean there is a quick guide, an owners manual and then a manual for the Sat Nav, which is 300 plus pages!  Information overload...

I will add some pics but I took some on the night I picked it up and they ain't so good.  Will try to do some tomorrow, I want to capture it while it still looks new.

Total mileage: 34  :driving:

Enjoyment: 10/10

Congrats on the car mate - glad it is all we hoped for so far....I m counting down the days until mine arrives ( march ) please let us know how you get on with the toys, and can you control the Ipod from the car (as opposed from the player)

or is , as I suspect, the aux in socket just an audio input ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links