Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

HKS Exhaust Systems or TTE Exhaust

SuperChargedL

that's y i hav to send to further soundproof the boot area :D

after 'pasting' sound-proofing material all over the boot area (like the LS430), the 'wrrom wrrom' sound has been significantly reduced. Now, i am thinking of whether to further soundprrof the cabin...:D:D

[Edited on 16-3-2002 by John Lee]

Hi John,

Did you go back to LEXUS for sound proofing? Did you encounter any problem of scarpping your HKS exhaust and is your car at stock height or lowered.

don't think Borneo provides soundproofing service ;)

As my car is at stock height, no scrapping during driving and moving over 'hump' .

I have to be quite careful when doing reverse parking becos some of those 'wheel-stopper' in the carparks are high enough to scrap the muffler box. :)

The HKS Hi-Power was quite loud sometimes (when driving uphill [not enough torque]) before, but it is not so loud anymore with the TTE Compressor.

hi superchargedL,

r u saying that after installing the compressor, your Hiper does not sound loud becos it is now overwhelmed by the super-charger sound ?

or becos now your engine is more power with the supercharger, the Hiper sounds quieter ?

[Edited on 17-3-2002 by John Lee]

The HKS Hi-Power was quite loud sometimes (when driving uphill [not enough torque]) before, but it is not so loud anymore with the TTE Compressor.

hi superchargedL,

r u saying that after installing the compressor, your Hiper does not sound loud becos it is now overwhelmed by the super-charger sound ?

or becos now your engine is more power with the supercharger, the Hiper sounds quieter ?

[Edited on 17-3-2002 by John Lee]

I think it is now a bit quieter because of the power.

questions

I drive a mini for fun and the mod root is

filter , rear exhaust section, full system including manifold, then attack the block.

So with this in mind

where can I get an air filter or induction Kit and a HKS rear section??

Finally, has anyone tried a superchip ??

questions

filter , rear exhaust section, full system including manifold, then attack the block.

So with this in mind

questions

So with this in mind

Hi Miniac, first may i say welcome to the club!

Ok, you are pretty limited as far as replacing the stock IS200 airfilter goes, TRD does one but it is basicly the original filter that has been dyed red and they retail at around £88!! (in my opinion not worth it) I also belive a company called trust does a foam filter but the filtering capability isnt very good, cost £????

I havent seen any commercial offerings of an induction kit, ( plenty for the IS300) there are a few homemade ones which i have seen in pics.

For the HKS you could try www.tdi-plc.com they are a lexus tuner, but im sure that there are plenty of other places selling the exhaust best thing to do is get one of the tuning mags and look thru the adverts.

hope this helps

rob.

Hi

Don't forget that HKS also make the Drager 2 exhaust. This is a nice alternative to the Hiper Muffler.

This slightly different in styling and allows for a sound reducing insert to be placed in the tail pipe (but nobody does:-)

Caution ; We've seen a couple of is200's with a dual path/exit exhaust system fitted. The pipe work is not mandrel bent, the pipe diameters are very small, the collectors and mufflers are not a hi flow design. Make sure you know what you are buying before you part with your cash ;-)

Hi

.....allows for a sound reducing insert to be placed in the tail pipe (but nobody does:-)

will u lose some performance by inserting sound reducing item. What sound reducing item is available for HKS Hiper (provided it does not degrade performance) ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links