Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driving Along At 70 In 5th Gear Engine Light Start Flashing

Asi

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right the car didnt start up due to Battery died so charged the Battery. the car started up and its still missfiring after changing spark plug over. when ever i take the spark plug out it always has oil on it maybe thats why it doesnt fire up due to the oil on the spark plug.

Well a compression test will be easy to do and will be a good indication if there's damage, although not necessarily where the damage is (e.g. piston/rings/valves). As the link that I posted points out, there are quite a few different things that can cause a misfire, e.g. damaged injector is another possible cause.

Well a compression test will be easy to do and will be a good indication if there's damage, although not necessarily where the damage is (e.g. piston/rings/valves). As the link that I posted points out, there are quite a few different things that can cause a misfire, e.g. damaged injector is another possible cause.

right thanks stevie would get a compression test and see it from there.

worst case............. bit of the ceramic or end of plug fell into the bore

piston damage

bore damage

head damage

valve damage

all of which is no good and prob req a rebuild at best poss cheaper getting a second hand low mileage engine

if your compressions are low you will have to strip to investigate ie head off

if your compression is 0 thats bad.but in the pm you said about the engine and the price that is a good price mate.

if you were to strip it and replace all the bits that could be damaged it would work out a lot more expensive.

is their a history with the engine?apart from its done 60k?

full dealer service history. last service was done at 52k. so take it. it will be cheaper getting a new engine??

mate for £300 for the new engine thats a bargin!!!!it would cost more for a garage to strip and investigate whats happened to your car!!

full dealer service history. last service was done at 52k. so take it. it will be cheaper getting a new engine??

mate for £300 for the new engine thats a bargin!!!!it would cost more for a garage to strip and investigate whats happened to your car!!

right thanks mate.

do you know a good garage that will change a engine?

possibly 8 matey might be less might be more i'll check tomorrow.

if only you had a yaris, engine in and out and in again runnin in 3 1/2 hours.

the avensis engine isn't far off that time either.

possibly 8 matey might be less might be more i'll check tomorrow.

if only you had a yaris, engine in and out and in again runnin in 3 1/2 hours.

the avensis engine isn't far off that time either.

right cool mate. let me know mate.

pmd you regarding part mate

@stevie. its life mate it happens. just weird how something hapened to chris engine and mines round about the same time.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links