Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Inner Wheel Hubs Causing Slight Constant Judder?

Hi guys,

I'm noticing that my drive isn't smooth anymore. There is an almost constant judder/vibration from start to finish on long or short journeys.

As my hubs are corroded, could this be causing it?

If so, what could be the solution to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

I know this may sound obvious but it may be worth checking all your wheels nuts are correctly tightened, beyond that I'd be surprised if it's your wheel hubs that are the cause unless the corrosion is so bad the wheels are not seating correctly.

Where is the vibration coming from, front or rear, any noises?

Good point, will tighten them tomorrow and will see how that gets on.

Well when I got my tyres replaced, the guy said the hubs are badly corroded, I thought nothing of it. But now it's playing on my mind!

It feels the whole car is vibrating from the bottom up, I can't be any more specific because it's like it's the whole car!!

Remove the wheels and give your hubs a clean with a wire brush. Then clean the seating faces of the wheels too. If the wheel(s) haven't seated correctly after they did your tyres or whatever then this can cause your vibration.

It's funny that this topic should arise, my 05 IS is doing something similar....I recently had the wheels powder coated new tyres fitted and ballanced.... The hubs and wheels are perfect so I wonder of the wheels have been ballanced properly.....Will check when I get round to it as in this weather I spend most of my time driving the van or Boris....

Also it seems that I have a warped brake disc so will be looking out for some decent quality discs and pads...

• 2 weeks later...

Well This evening I got round to fitting new discs and pads and everything is smooth again... The inside face of the discs were badly corroded and only the centre 25mm of friction surface of the disc was bright steel, the rest was corrosion.. I stripped and regreased the sliders and checked that the pistons were free and rebuilt the calipers and now it drives like new again... So if you have an issue with juddering brakes, have a look see at the inner surface of the disc..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links