Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2007/56 Is 220D Se - A Possible New Purchase

Hi,

I've just been to test drive the above car today (80k miles, all Lexus service history apart from the last two services), 1 owner from new.

The car started fine first time, no warning lights and seemed to drive really well (I've got a VW Passat B6 2.0 TDI SE on an 06 150k miles). I mainly drive motorway miles so should I be concerned about the issues that the IS 220d has so much?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or info. First post.

Paul

I know, I'm so glad I came across this forum last night.... just before I went and bought the car today!

I'm sure you will be fine. Like all cars, if it's got a good service history that's half the battle.

I owned one for 4 years and it never missed a beat to almost the day I sold it and then had to have the dpf cleaned and a new injector fitted.

Think that was just unfortunate.

Even then, over four years that was pretty cheap maintenance.

The key is to make sure these cars get a good run and by the sounds of it you are doing motorway miles.

Despite the cars often bad rep on here, I liked my is220d, it was a smooth diesel to drive and drove lovely on the motorway leaving me feeling relaxed at the end of my journey.

It did have an unusual 6 speed box but once you got used to it I never had a problem.

Only reason I sold mine was because I changed jobs and only had a short 8 mile commute to work and that for any diesel is not good.

you have bought it now so just enjoy and don't worry too much about the negatives. I never really did and mine never let me down.

Carl

I had mine for nearly 2 yrs it's got 88k on clock no issues apart from dpf blocking it's that we do all local mileage like school runs but as u will b doing motor way mileage it will perfect car for u its brilliant to drive good luck

Thanks everybody for the comments and insight. I've read, and read and read and even re-read and I think I'll be ok with an IS 220d because 90% of my miles are done on the motorway (unfortunately not all over them at 70mph :-( lol)

This car I'm looking at buying looks like it has really been looked after and it's a good price. I think I'll go down and buy it today!

I'll post pictures as soon as I have it.

Thanks

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links