Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Have you seen macdee's latest post on club lexus? Looks like the f-sport doesn't have HUD.

Yeah I did. Im hoping the spec in Japan is different. Taking HUD off of a vehicle when it's standard fit on F Sport atm is risky business. It's something that people would miss the most too

Guys,

I had HUD on my last RX and a full-colour-jobby with rev-counter etc. in the M4, but I have to say I don't really miss it personally. Would be a shame for it not to be there, but it wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me. I have to say the F-Sport in white looks the mutts-nuts; HUD or not it's high on the shopping list! :hohoho:

Guys,

I had HUD on my last RX and a full-colour-jobby with rev-counter etc. in the M4, but I have to say I don't really miss it personally. Would be a shame for it not to be there, but it wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me. I have to say the F-Sport in white looks the mutts-nuts; HUD or not it's high on the shopping list! :hohoho:

Yeah I guess so. Depends on the total package of course!

I think Im going for White too. So it appears that Mesa red makes a comeback on 4RX, Vanilla Mist and Velvet Black carry on, Mercury grey, Arctic Pearl, Burgundy red, Atlantic blue and the Brown colour have been removed. So all in all - colours are F-Sport white, Sonic White, Caviar (US name for the metallic black), Autumn Shimmer (US name for the new brown), Sonic Titanium, Mesa red, Nightfall (US name for blue), Sonic Silver and Vanilla Mist.

BTW has anyone noticed the "CUSTOMIZE" option on the drive mode select? Looks like we can change the settings! Also, it looks like Active Stabilizer is only available on 450h F-Sport, not 200t

Taken from clublexus:

80-img_0012_ef76ed9a79d720d0738f5fcd703d

80-img_0013_ab3105cfc5dcf03638d42911a3aa

• Like 1

Hey Gents, please choose some nice combos and look after them. Us lesser mortals are looking forward to relieving you of them in five years' time for a third of the price. Joking aside, you lucky lot - wish I could justify buying a brand new Lex, I have a drool each time mine goes in for a service.

• Like 1

Hey Gents, please choose some nice combos and look after them. Us lesser mortals are looking forward to relieving you of them in five years' time for a third of the price. Joking aside, you lucky lot - wish I could justify buying a brand new Lex, I have a drool each time mine goes in for a service.

Hehe its highly unlikely im going to buy it new though - the cost would be unjustifiable - Ill probably be looking at 6-12 months old - if the F-Sport is priced at £65k then it'll be £53k in 6 months (look at the RCF!!) with less than 7k miles on them.

I can remember doing the insurance on mine - the value was £54k first (I paid £49k new) and next year it was £40k. Took a £14k hit in the first year oooof!

Taking into account that this model won't be as popular as the current one due to size and price it'll depreciate quite fast!

I love the idea of the red leather (and any interior that isn't black or dull).

It's odd that so many people obsess over the exterior colour when you are sat in the thing 90% of the time!!

Im defo getting white with red lol. Id like the pan roof too and the ML. I guess ill have to live without the HUD

I hate those Premier spec wheels! The Luxury wheels suit it much better imho. Off there next week to drive these things.

I've pm'ed a fellow RX future owner who has already been there and his feedback re price is not good. A lot of the people there who placed a deposit are asking for a refund. The mpg figures are waaaay off! Not a good sign regarding depreciation. Or excellent if you're buying a demo. All the main dealerships have been told to order a certain number of vehicles, irrelavant of price.... Eek!!!

I hate those Premier spec wheels! The Luxury wheels suit it much better imho. Off there next week to drive these things.

I've pm'ed a fellow RX future owner who has already been there and his feedback re price is not good. A lot of the people there who placed a deposit are asking for a refund. The mpg figures are waaaay off! Not a good sign regarding depreciation.

Yes I agree regarding the wheels - however, I think they look better when they're black!

MPG figures are always going to be off regardless - I get about 35mpg MAX - its rated at 44.8mpg - oh well lol. Im not going to buy new at £65k - ill have to get a demo. My limit is £50k. I spent £49k on the current one new - only options being ML and Arctic pearl paint. It dropped £14k in a year wtf! Id imagine this new one to fall faster!

This mature powertrain is at the end of its natural life. Whats your opinion?

According to Clublexus a new LS with Hydrogen powertrain is on for the Tokyo olympics. So 5 years time.

I'm baffled why they have done this.

Comparing the competition according to price.Volvo XC90, BMW X5, Merdedes ML or is it GL or Gle or mle .... Anyways, the Lexus RX looks like a fit against this lot.

Against the Cayenne it's the clear loser.

The local dealership have been saying " you're the first, lucky, waiting list" etc bs. This thing will be a demo bargain as Rayaans alluded to. Plain and simple.

Pity the XC90 is so plain. It's a beautifully built car, and the plug in diesel hybrid powertrain with it's low emissions and outstanding economy, is better than anything else in that class. If it had the looks of the RX or the Porsche I'd be signing up for one. I'm sure the Lexus hydrogen powertrain will be a huge hit here in the UK, a country that still hasn't got a decent charging network in place after nearly a decade.

Lee.. long time. I personally think Toyota is going the hydrogen route. They aren't bothered about plugin apart from the Prius( the new one looks like s Mirai).

The RX with this price tag is gonna tank.

• Like 1

This mature powertrain is at the end of its natural life. Whats your opinion?

According to Clublexus a new LS with Hydrogen powertrain is on for the Tokyo olympics. So 5 years time.

I'm baffled why they have done this.

The actual engine itself is super smooth - it's very silky - can't complain one bit. With the new one having more power 313ps compares to 299ps atm I can see why Lexus went for it. It has a lot of mid range urge so never feels lacking. Personally, I think 35mpg is OK for an SUV so not too fussed. Last time I drove a Q7 tdi it was getting about the same so I still think it's a good drivetrain. No complaints here.

Taking a £14k hit in the first year is much greater than a few hundred quid here are there spent in fuel so mpg doesn't bother me

Ok, I'll be frank you guys. If you order a RX now you DEMAND £5000 or more off a Premier . If the dealership waivers, walk away.

Apparently the RX is in high demand😂

My dealer has sealed lips on the price - I said Im not paying anything over £60k for an F Sport

I'd be surprised if it's in high demand. Most people can't afford £70k outright or £900 a month payments. Guess we will have to see if they release the price officially on 15th September lol

You don't see many £70k cars on the road at all

The LS is £75k and they're having to give £10k discounts just to sell any lol

• Like 1

I love salesman patter. There's a Blue F Sport NX at the local dealer which has been there for 3 months. Price hasn't changed. You can get a brand new one for the same price.

Same for the new RX from the dealership. " If you don't commit to firm order you will be waiting a long time for a new one". Ermmm yeah ok, I believe you!!!!

I'll come back in 6 months to buy a demo saving myself a wad of money.

Used NX's seem to be hanging around for ages, partly due to dealers being totally unrealistic with their prices, and partly because word has got around that the car isn't that good. The near £30k premium for the top of the range RX is a joke, and I imagine it will also sit around on forecourts with over inflated dealer ex-demo prices. Lexus like you to believe there is huge demand for their cars, but I reckon they manipulate the import figures deliberately to give the impression of scarcity. Demand outstrips supply if 100 people want to buy an NX, and Lexus only import 50 a month, which makes the car look a bigger success than it actually is. The truth is it isn't very popular. Total UK Sales figures of the NX so far are less than 2000, which with 35 million cars on the roads means one person in every 17500 owns one. Dealer offers when you try and trade in an NX are really really low, which I take as an indication that apart from being greedy B's, they know it's going to be difficult to sell on.

• Like 1

Yep , agree completely with the above. That's why I've told the dealership that if they want a sale , they need to stop being idiots. Their response was as stated in my earlier post. Well they will lose a sale after I've had a freebie jolly courtesy of Lexus. Plenty of other stuff out there.

I've got a Honda NSX on order and that seems to be another waste of space. The interior is not up to scratch and Honda have put back the public sale date. The price has also gone up considerably. This Japanese committee meeting decision process seems to be backfiring bigtime.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links