Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It's complicated - typically 220D is £205, 250 auto is £290 and 250 manual £490.

But it depends on year and model and there are lots of variations - see this to find the tax band: http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/lexus/is/saloon-2005/running-costs/

then this to see the cost for each band:. https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables

Hi ALL,

Thanks very much for all your advice. I finally got my hands on a is250 SE-L auto with MM and all the trimmings. It will be on the road in a few weeks once I get it serviced and cleaned up.

Im back again LOL.

Can anyone recommend somewhere near in/near birmingham to get a full service done?

My car has 90k on the clock but hasnt had a lexus service since 50k (indy at 60/74/82. Should I take it to lexus for piece of mind of shall I just find a good indy who can give her the once over and tell me if anything needs changing. The guy i brought it off was into DIY and changed the oil/oil filter/plugs/air filter/pollen filter at 87k.

As you can proberrbly tell im far from a diy/mechanic man.

Any help wpuld be much appreciated.

buy all the items from eBay or whatever and source a local indy to put them on, under no circumstances go to Lexus with a 2005 car.

Items you need are,

Oil - i use 5/30 Castrol edge, plug oil filter

pollen/cabin filter

air filter

then also potentially replacement brake pads, discs, and spark plugs, and the brake fluid replenished.

thats if you don't know when the above was last done.

If you do all the above it will last a long time before it needs any more servicing.

also you should get the slider pins greased on the calipers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links