Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs450H Motorway Mpg

Will h

Hi all,

I'm new to the club and have been in the market for a 2008-9 gs 450h. I have test drove one and it felt very smooth.

My main concern is the amount of motorway miles I do (around 20,000) a year. Could anyone please let me know what your average mpg is doing between 70 -90 on a long motorway run?

Thanks all.

Hi all,

I'm new to the club and have been in the market for a 2008-9 gs 450h. I have test drove one and it felt very smooth.

My main concern is the amount of motorway miles I do (around 20,000) a year. Could anyone please let me know what your average mpg is doing between 70 -90 on a long motorway run?

Thanks all.

My experience tells me to expect 35mpg overall.

I take it that the 90 refers to the Autobahn?

Regards

John

Motorway driving gives me 35 to 38mpg, tho' 38 really only when doing 60 to 70 mph. If you do 80 to 90mph regularly (on the autobahn) then you're unlikely to see 35mpg.....

btw am hoping to take mine to Germany this year, to one of the very few still 'unlimited' autobahn stretches - if they do exist........

hth

Motorway driving gives me 35 to 38mpg, tho' 38 really only when doing 60 to 70 mph. If you do 80 to 90mph regularly (on the autobahn) then you're unlikely to see 35mpg.....

btw am hoping to take mine to Germany this year, to one of the very few still 'unlimited' autobahn stretches - if they do exist........

hth

My experience exactly.

My two trips from Wirral to Fallingbostal both gave 35 mpg overall and quite honestly whilst it was not possible to amble along at only 70 mph, I felt uncomfortable at travelling along at 90 mph as vehicles were approaching from behind at speeds close to that of Jumbo Jet at take off. There are plenty of unrestricted and many restricted sections on the Autobahns.

Enjoy your trip.

Regards

JOHN

I've driven from the UK to Hannover a couple of times and found plenty of unrestricted Autobahn too, along with quite a few restricted sections.

My general experience was that it was not as relaxing as other motorway driving because of the massive variation in speed from trucks and slow people sitting in the slow to Porsche and Audi RS owners doing 150mph + in the fast lane. Also the trucks can surprise you when pulling out into the middle lanes constantly and even driving in the fast lane at 110mph you will often get people approaching you very fast from behind.

Cruising at 130mph plus seems to keep (most) people off your backside but then again it's not exactly relaxing or indeed safe with any form of traffic and you're using quite a bit of fuel!

It's a good experience to try but personally I would rather just sit with cruise control on at 130kph on a near empty French toll road :)

• Like 1

I've driven from the UK to Hannover a couple of times and found plenty of unrestricted Autobahn too, along with quite a few restricted sections.

My general experience was that it was not as relaxing as other motorway driving because of the massive variation in speed from trucks and slow people sitting in the slow to Porsche and Audi RS owners doing 150mph + in the fast lane. Also the trucks can surprise you when pulling out into the middle lanes constantly and even driving in the fast lane at 110mph you will often get people approaching you very fast from behind.

Cruising at 130mph plus seems to keep (most) people off your backside but then again it's not exactly relaxing or indeed safe with any form of traffic and you're using quite a bit of fuel!

It's a good experience to try but personally I would rather just sit with cruise control on at 130kph on a near empty French toll road :)

Well said James, I endorse all of that.

Regards

John

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links