Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Classic Car Shows On The Cheap

Hi Everyone, Just a Heads-Up which may be of benefit to any owners of elderly Lexus's (Lexii?), who are interested in "doing" classic car shows. Having just been to Bromley Motoring Pageant, we saved 25 quid, by registering online for "one-make cars", which required the car (ie my 1991 LS400) to be pre 1995 - 20 years old. This cost £5, to include allocated parking by make, AND admission for driver and 1 passenger. Normal admission was £15 each. Also avoiding long walk from public car park, and huge gate queue.

I have also done the same booking for Cranleigh Classic Car Show in August.

Only two Lexus took advantage of this yesterday, the other guy not even a member, so it would be great to see a few more of us showing off - mine was well admired by many people who hadn't realised what good kit we have!

See you at Cranleigh.

• Like 1

There's lots of opportunities if you have the right vehicle.

Some years ago we broke the engine in our race car and couldn't get the parts to rebuild in time for the next meeting. We decided to go any way, so I entered my '69 Chevelle in the production class, parked in the paddock and didn't even bother with scrutineering. Full weekend's drag racing for four of us, at a fraction of the normal entry fee. :)

The other week for the 'Crathes vintage Car rally', I arrived just as some of the cars were coming back from the drive they do...got waved into another line and asked if i was part of the tour by the marshal. Told the truth but meant I got to skip a 10 car que that my friends got stuck in. :shifty:

Giving me ideas to show the Lex insted of the Cappuccino in any up coming shows.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links