Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've found that OEM have the best balance between performance, dust and feel however, Pagid do good discs and pads so I'd be getting them personally

• Like 2

I've recently tried EBC replacement pads (Ultimax) as they were supposed to be "low dust"... Load of rubbish!

Stick to OEM, they'll work out at similar prices, last longer and fit better.

Last time I dabbled with non-OEM pads and discs was 8 years ago with blueprint parts, less than 6 months later the discs were warped, swapped for OEM and still going strong. Should have learnt my lesson the first time round! :)

Mine is in for its 90,000 mile service, cambelt etc. The garage owner called today to tell me that one of the front calipers is stuck fast, so I told him to replace it. It makes sense really, a few weeks back I had to emergency brake on the motorway and the car pulled to one side. On that occasion I just presumed that since the car had been sitting for a week, something was stuck.

I wonder if Lexus have done anything to rectify this common issue - a quick computer-controlled barely-noticeable "brake check" while the car is stopped with the foot on the pedal, perhaps? Like how some diesel cars burn off soot on the motorway, do it periodically to keep things nice and free.

Had the same thing recently myself, and seems to be a common thread with all toyotas.

I found eBay sellers that sell decent refurb kits for less than 20quid a wheel, and did my fronts as the pads looked like cheese wedges. Would take a couple of hours a wheel for a novice but minimum tools are required.

Next up for me is rear brakes and shoes, oh the joys! :)

I want to add that the refurb kits should be mandatory pretty much every pad change as this is what stops the sliding pins seizing on you and essentially is just rubber grommety boot things and elbow grease.

I don't know any fitters (kwik fit, dealers, et al) that ever do this when changing pads for you, which is why I do it myself now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links