Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ebc Redstuff Brake Disc & Padsb

Hi Guys has any one used EBC sport Redstuff brake pads and was it worth it? we all know the GS's are quite heavy cars and am all up for any discs and pads which will improve the braking. the redstuff pads are meant to be ceramic compound and they claim it will last longer whilst delivering improved stopping over OE.

not too concerned about brake dust wont track my car but if there are better brakes than OE out there in the market, why not fit one to my car i guess.

I priced it up on tEBC's website and for both discs and pads all round will be just over £100 when compared to OE equivalent Brembos which i beleive are not ceramics so has any one had experience with EBC ceramics if so were they and improvement or should i save my self the £100 and pick up OE parts from Lexus or brembo.

Not sure if this is across the EBC range but I fitted their "ulimate" pads to my LS and they were squeally, juddered when gently applied and dust was horrendous with low mileage road use.

I got redstuff pads for 2 months and passed on them 2200km(400km in city) so I am not sure whether they need more time to bed in. Manufacturer claims they have special surface layer working immediately. Compared to IS OE they make definitely less noise and dust. But they need to be heated in. At the point where OE began fading they start working well. Useless in a city, braking pedal is loose in 1st half of its way (never happened with OE). But driving downhill after 500m they are excelent (braking pedal rsponding from begining).

Not sure if this is across the EBC range but I fitted their "ulimate" pads to my LS and they were squeally, juddered when gently applied and dust was horrendous with low mileage road use.

Thanks Streve i did read a few threads online about this..not so worried about dust but sqealling and juddering might be a concern.

I got redstuff pads for 2 months and passed on them 2200km(400km in city) so I am not sure whether they need more time to bed in. Manufacturer claims they have special surface layer working immediately. Compared to IS OE they make definitely less noise and dust. But they need to be heated in. At the point where OE began fading they start working well. Useless in a city, braking pedal is loose in 1st half of its way (never happened with OE). But driving downhill after 500m they are excelent (braking pedal rsponding from begining).

you right thier website does confirm the special layer is meant to work immedialtey without needed heat. to be honest I wont mind OE Lexus or equivalent like Pagids or Brembos but thought the Red Stuff being ceramic and heavy duty pads will be a good investment but still not sure tho..might need to do some more investigation i guess. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links